Need gear help- Im obsessed

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Sabindeus, Aergis, lythac, Digren, majiben

Should I stop complaining and just be happy with what I got? (Mostly a joke question but opinions are welcome.

Yes, stfu, I still need lots of upgrades.
67%
No, your gear is noobish and you need MOAR!
33%

Total votes : 3

Need gear help- Im obsessed

Postby Evangelia » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:18 pm

So I want to be the ABSOLUTE BEST I CAN BE.

Hence Im insane.

My goal is to keep def to 540, hp to 30k, avoidance capped. All three have been achieved unbuffed.

My question is, hit rating or strength?

I already do tons of threat. Admittantly my block value is pretty low (1242 BV). Since im def capped I use the yellow sockets for bonuses by gemming hit on them, its only one, dont worry >.<. Armor is at 23462.

Self buffed with sanctuary, righteous fury and devotion aura, my effective hp is 85797, my effective HP with block is 128555. Ubuffed EH is 79635 and with shield block it is 117651. Calculated with Tankadin2 addon.

Few things about my item choices:

Im using RSOC over slayer of the lifeless cause I prefer the hit and dont want any extra dodge rating.

No I dont have anything better than my titansteel helm. The amount of HP it gives is insane..

Sonic booster= wiinsex for threat.

Titanium weapon chain enchant is cheap, dont hate me =(

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Moon+Guard&n=Evangelia

So back to the question. Hit rating or strength? And what should i aim for my next upgrades? Anything I can tweak around? Thanks for the help!
Evangelia

Postby Evangelia » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:31 pm

Bump cause i need help =(
Evangelia

Postby Amaranthea » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:17 am

If you already do tons of threat, why is the choice only between hit rating and strength instead of more defensive stats?

In general, the answer (to hit vs strength) is "strength provides more sustained threat / damage", but I like the consistency of hit rating to cap if I'm gearing for threat / damage, followed by stacking strength. If you really want to optimize for threat, get a nobles deck.

Not wanting any extra dodge rating is rather confusing. Slayer is an upgrade to RSoC, although you'd have to make sure you don't fall below 540 defense.

Shoulder enchant -> get to exalted, I guess.

Other than that, it looks like you're mainly waiting on more things to drop?
Amaranthea

Postby Evangelia » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:28 am

Amaranthea wrote:If you already do tons of threat, why is the choice only between hit rating and strength instead of more defensive stats?

In general, the answer (to hit vs strength) is "strength provides more sustained threat / damage", but I like the consistency of hit rating to cap if I'm gearing for threat / damage, followed by stacking strength. If you really want to optimize for threat, get a nobles deck.

Not wanting any extra dodge rating is rather confusing. Slayer is an upgrade to RSoC, although you'd have to make sure you don't fall below 540 defense.

Shoulder enchant -> get to exalted, I guess.

Other than that, it looks like you're mainly waiting on more things to drop?

Well the thing about strength was more on the blockvalue that I was hoping to work on. But I didnt know if it was worth doing it and if i should not bother, hence working on hit. As for avoidance, with the slayer i was overcapped. So I was trying to work instead to simply use RSOC to move defense rating somewhere else.

I talked to someone today who said to just ignore strength and hit rating and just stam stack for effective hp against magic damage.. Thoughts?
Evangelia

Postby lythac » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:42 am

Copied across from your other post.

Evangelia wrote:My goal is to keep def to 540, hp to 30k, avoidance capped. All three have been achieved unbuffed.

Avoidance= 49.72 (took miss from def as 4%)
Avoidance+Block+HS= 100.08

You aren't block capped unbuffed, raid buffs and you are.

Its actually better to be a few % lower than block cap (assuming regular raid buffs get you capped) as block capped unbuffed means you have wasted points in BR once raid buffed.

Evangelia wrote:Since im def capped

Def minimum/uncrittable.

Evangelia wrote:My question is, hit rating or strength?

Strength per point gives more threat than hit, until you reach a certain level (which we can't do in current gear). In a post somewhere in a very high str set (included DMC:G) I remember hit coming out roughly at 80% the worth of str.

However hit can make raiding less annoying and smoother as it reduces the possibility of a slow start on threat at the begining of a fight due to miss. Hit is also useful in situations like whelp/blaze tanking on Sarth 3D as a miss on an enraged blaze could be bad.

So str is more threat, hit is less annoying.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice