New Tank, suggestions?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

New Tank, suggestions?

Postby ausar » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:22 pm

Great site, made the switch from holy to tanking after lurking here for awhile. Currently > 540 defense, 23k armor and 23K health with Kings but I am having difficultly finding grps since everyone wants 25K plus health. Even entry heroics I am having a hard time finding grps.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Perenolde&n=Ausar

Any gear, gems, enchant suggestions? On a side note, currently have no guild; have not found a good fit yet. Can't seem to find a new entry level raiding guild on my server, mostly pug anything....

Thanks for looking.....
ausar

Postby Panzerdin » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:36 pm

You don't appear to have enchanted... Well, anything really. That's the main problem with your gear. Past that, try and get upgrades on the items that are low-level/BC (I'm guessing you know what they are).
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Kale » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:24 pm

What Panzer said. Just from enchants alone you can gain 154 Stamina and 58 defense rating. You'll want to work on getting your Argent Crusade rep the rest of the way to revered for the helm enchant ASAP. You'll also want to pick up the 15-Emblem Libram of Obstruction first. After that it's your choice what to get next , though I'd recommend neck and/or trinket since they're harder to come across than a lot of the other badge rewards available.
ImageImage
Kale

Postby Cosmoz » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:57 am

your gear if fine.
your enchants are not. no enchants at all? you can skip a feew, but get the most important stamina ones. and slap heavy borean armor kits on everything else. +18 stamina!!!
for leggs you can get cheap LW legg enchants.
that will give you like another 200+ stamina. also replace your pocketwatch with a stamina trinket. its more then worthless.

will give you close to 24k HP without kings. you dont use kings for tanking. you use Sanc. unless you wanna sit and drink after every pull.
Cosmoz

Postby Valerius » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:00 am

Cosmoz wrote:your gear if fine.
your enchants are not. no enchants at all? you can skip a feew, but get the most important stamina ones. and slap heavy borean armor kits on everything else. +18 stamina!!!
for leggs you can get cheap LW legg enchants.
that will give you like another 200+ stamina. also replace your pocketwatch with a stamina trinket. its more then worthless.

will give you close to 24k HP without kings. you dont use kings for tanking. you use Sanc. unless you wanna sit and drink after every pull.

Not entirely true, especially for a new tank. The incoming damage and consequently the mana return from heals (SA) will keep a new tank at nearly full mana without Sanc. When your avoidance gets better and you begin to go oom with King up, switch to Sanc. Once your gear gets even better and you begin to go oom with Sanc, simply pull more and use less (if any) CC.
Valerius

Postby ausar » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:56 pm

thanks for the comments, I will look into enchanting my gear. I never want to spend the gold when I think the next upgrade is coming soon, but I will bite the bullet
ausar

Postby Valerius » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:32 pm

ausar wrote:thanks for the comments, I will look into enchanting my gear. I never want to spend the gold when I think the next upgrade is coming soon, but I will bite the bullet

I know that can be tough, but from the point of view of the DPS and more importantly the healers you run with, it shows that you are serious about your job and making the group successful. Also, lets be honest here, money is not hard to come by if you have a bit of time to farm and do a few dailies.
Valerius

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice