Remove Advertisements

valorous purchase order suggestions

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

valorous purchase order suggestions

Postby daemonym » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:59 pm

so i'm going to be starting up 25s on my tankadin (while still running 10s) and wondering what are the biggest priorities? assuming that the boots and bracers from 10s drop, what do you suggest should be first on my list to pick up? wanting to get the biggest bang for my buck.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Re: valorous purchase order suggestions

Postby Vioarr » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:20 pm

daemonym wrote:so i'm going to be starting up 25s on my tankadin (while still running 10s) and wondering what are the biggest priorities? assuming that the boots and bracers from 10s drop, what do you suggest should be first on my list to pick up? wanting to get the biggest bang for my buck.

The equivalent of the 60 badge boots drop from Thaddius, at the end of arguably the toughest wing in Naxx. I'd recommend purchasing those first and foremost. I never got the bracers because the ones from Maexanna dropped, but they are good as well. Other than that, the cape is solid and will last you a while. Tier gear isn't worth wasting badges on, as you'll eventually get those from the mobs provided you're clearing the instance.

tl;dr: Boots > Cape > Bracers.
Vioarr
Maintankadonor

Re: valorous purchase order suggestions

Postby Valerius » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:36 pm

Vioarr wrote:
daemonym wrote:so i'm going to be starting up 25s on my tankadin (while still running 10s) and wondering what are the biggest priorities? assuming that the boots and bracers from 10s drop, what do you suggest should be first on my list to pick up? wanting to get the biggest bang for my buck.

The equivalent of the 60 badge boots drop from Thaddius, at the end of arguably the toughest wing in Naxx. I'd recommend purchasing those first and foremost. I never got the bracers because the ones from Maexanna dropped, but they are good as well. Other than that, the cape is solid and will last you a while. Tier gear isn't worth wasting badges on, as you'll eventually get those from the mobs provided you're clearing the instance.

tl;dr: Boots > Cape > Bracers.

I tend to agree, but since I have yet to win the damn Sand Worm Band despite seeing it 5 times now (WTF, the Bear tank is rolling on that against me when I MT'd the boss?...sorry, flashback), I went Ring > Boots, etc... (Maexxna dropped her bracers and gotten both Shadow of the Ghoul and Cloak of the Shadowed Sun, so I never really looked at the emblem cloak)
Valerius

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice