Remove Advertisements

Am i useing my gear right?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Am i useing my gear right?

Postby DoomStone » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:05 pm

Well it was hard to find a topic name that diden't make it look to noobish :D
Well the thig is that i'm an end game paladin tank raider. and i have "almost" all the gear that i need, i think.
I stated playing main with my paladin when WOTLK came out, so i'm still abit unsure about my gear some times.

My questions are.
  • Are I, using my currect gear right? Are there some items there are no point in using, or are there a gear part there would be better to use on my "Normal" gear?
  • Are there one or more upgrades that i have missed?
  • Woulden't the 3 Valorous, that i am missing an downgrade from my curret gear?

Down below is there a list of the gear the i sure normaly, and ekstra gear i have dodge and block gear. Also a list of the items that i think i need.

The gear i use normaly:

Ekstra Gear:

Upgrades I am looking for:

Stats, Unbuffed:
Normal Gear:
  • Health: 29.3k
  • Armor: 23516
  • Spell Damage: 675
  • Defense: 550
  • Dodge: 24.25%
  • Parry: 17.36%
  • Block: 26.98%

Dodge Gear:
  • Health: 28.3k
  • Armor: 23450
  • Spell Damage: 645
  • Defense: 550
  • Dodge: 24.74%
  • Parry: 18.57%
  • Block: 20.21%

Block Gear:
  • Health: 28.0k
  • Armor: 23516
  • Spell Damage: 637
  • Defense: 545
  • Dodge: 21.25%
  • Parry: 16.56%
  • Block: 32.41%

Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Doompala

I hope that my post has been formated good enoth, so it is easy to read.
Thanks for tanking the time to read my post.
DoomStone

Postby xstrykr » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:20 pm

Everything looks good.

To answer your questions:
1. Gear looks good. Most of the changes you can/want to make are for specific fights. However I'd consider either using the T7 gloves for the time being or getting enough Emblems of Valor for either the shoulder or leg token and get the T7.5 item, as the 10% extra Hammer damage comes in handy for extra DPS/TPS.
2. Most of the upgrades that you want out of heroic raids aren't really major upgrades for what you've got. That being said, the one that you did leave off is the Nexus War Champion Beads that you get from getting the Heroic Key to the Focusing Iris and completing that quest.
3. Most of the time, the Tier sets are lower in terms of itemization than respective non-tier pieces, i.e. they'll have lower defense/dodge/etc, but usually the tier bonus and/or sockets make up for the difference.

A couple suggestions since I can't access the EU armory as it's down for maintenance: First, if you're a blacksmith, be sure to add the sockets into your bracers and gloves, and add a buckle to your belt. Second, I'd use an armor enchant on the cloak, since you're well above the defense minimum.
xstrykr

Postby phaqueue » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:52 pm

I would move some things around... you would probable afford to take all the block pieces you have replacements for (looked like at least wrists and a couple of others) and regem/enchant them for strength/stam/def for a block set - might give you a nice looking trash/threat set

I would definitely throw a 2% threat enchant on your T7 gloves that you have, and rock them until you have another piece to use for 2-piece bonus - that will be a nice increase in threat - still use the gauntlets you're using for your avoidance or "normal" set

looks like you're on the right path though
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby DoomStone » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:17 am

Ok thanks for the fast reply you 2.
I have at this time 65 Valor emblems, so i think i go will buy the T 7.5 Shoulders.
And i will look into enchanting/gem'ing my ekstra gear to have a block set.

And yes I am a Blacksmith and Mining, both maxed, i have just totaly forgot about the ekstra socekts :D

Also are there any ideer in goint Armorsmith? as i can see atm, there an't realy someting that Blacksmith can't do.
DoomStone

Postby phaqueue » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:08 am

also - something esle little I noticed... pretty sure the socket in the Earthguard ring is a blue socket... you could change that 16 def to a def/stam gem - and change one of the straight stam gems in another socket to a def/stam gem - and get the socket bonus at no loss
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice