Remove Advertisements

Crimson Girdle of the Indomitable

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Crimson Girdle of the Indomitable

Postby Donjuan » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:02 am

Hi all, I have just started raiding (1st time ever), and on my first night i received a new item, its called Crimson Girdle of the Indomitable. This was a huge upgrade for me as all i had was khorium belt for 5 man, and this green belt from zangarmarsh that had 12 defense some stamina and two sockets ( was using +12 stamina on them)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=28566

Afterwards I went straight to the auction house , and bought two +12 stamina gems and socketed it up. Was that wise? I am starting to think maybe i should have used an +8 dodge on red and +4 def/6 stamina on yellow and also get socket bonus. I am not uncrushable you see, but doing that might have brought me closer. However I like having loads of health, as I have 100 more than the warrior, which makes me smile :D. During raid his commanding shout took me to over 15000+ (15.8k was exact), phew. I also like using flask (it gives me +10 def and 500 health, very sexy which is why i had more health than warrior i assume).

Anyway what would you have put in?
Last edited by Donjuan on Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donjuan

Postby Cragus » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:06 am

Most socket bonus' are not worth borthering to get, and mostly ya go for +12stamina gems, however as paladins we are not always given the choice to do this.

However how far are you away from crush immune as that is important to get sorted if you are tanking in kara +. So focus on that in the short term, but early kara bosses dont really need it so much.
Although you should be able to reach that stage with other improves to your gear, perphaps via heroics or quest items.
Probably not worth ruinining the arleady +12gems as on my server they are a stupidly high price.
Cragus

Postby Donjuan » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:15 am

Cragus wrote:Most socket bonus' are not worth borthering to get, and mostly ya go for +12stamina gems, however as paladins we are not always given the choice to do this.

However how far are you away from crush immune as that is important to get sorted if you are tanking in kara +. So focus on that in the short term.
Although you should be able to reach that stage with other improves to your gear, perphaps via heroics or quest items.
Probably not worth ruinining the arleady +12gems as on my server they are a stupidly high price.

Hi, thanks for you post. I have been mullling over my stats ( that sig is my armoury page if you have time to take a look, else i just save you time now, and put them here)

In current gear ( ie have access to stuff that will lower my sd, and stamina but increase block rating , like that glove from shattered hall quest) I have

499 def (its says 5.96% miss)
14.01% dodge
15.96% parry
18.19% block (seen this got to 23% if change some stuff, but at sacrofice too health, defense etc)

So I think i am 89.12% avoidance. If i get that libram then 99.12%, which sounds pretty damn close ( can get that 3% i am sure with min fuss)
Donjuan

Postby Cragus » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:17 am

The badge libram is only about 5% btw. So your still about 10% short from a quick head calc i did.
Cragus

Postby Neuron » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:31 am

You are probably fine with those gems. I personally went with a parry rating gem (I think from Heroic mech) and an enduring talasite. Parry scales the worst so you definitely would not want to do that. Since even with good gems you will still be crushable, leave the solid stars in there and focus on getting to uncrushable in some other way.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Donjuan » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:33 am

Cragus wrote:The badge libram is only about 5% btw. So your still about 10% short from a quick head calc i did.

Ouch, so I guess have to give up some health or spell damage (probably shouldn't give up defense, as that is one of my options too). Or maybe I get lucky again , and get some more epics before the raid gets to the heavy hitters :D. ( we at opera even at the moment, haven't finished it yet though, could only get wolf to 15% before loosing too many people to the "run little girl").
Donjuan

Postby Nevrosion » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:01 pm

id go for 2x12stam ones. as some said, bosses in early kara dosnt kill you with crushing blows and the paladin gear itemization pre any tiers really, lack stam.
Nevrosion

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice