Remove Advertisements

Need Help with Gear Adjustments

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Need Help with Gear Adjustments

Postby Lindreth » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:25 am

My current gear for tanking is: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Lindreth

My problem is trying to get into a Naxx 10 group. I realize my unbuffed health is a little low (I think) to start tanking, either at an OT or MT, however without getting "token" drops like Herald's bracers or the essence of gossamer, I'm mostly stuck where I'm at. What enchants, gems, etc should I try to get that don't rely on a chance drop in an instance and still be uncrittable?

I've tanked Arch 10 and 25 and OS 25 as an OT where I've tanked the adds.

Thanks in advance for taking a look at this post.
Lindreth

Postby kp3t3houg » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:52 am

IMO your health is perfectly fine for 10 man Naxx, but you really have to change your back and chest enchants to defense rating, cos you are under the defense minimum. Also you better lvl up that BS you have, so you can get additional sockets on your gear. Also no enchant on weapon, shield and boots ? My advise is to do some heroics, get the badges and buy the libram first, then the trinket with dodge.

P.S just noticed your talents - Not taking 5 % dodge in retribution, but taking 10 % less mana on instant spells ? Also the 2 points you have in Seals of the Pure, is way less aggro then 2 points in One-handed weapon spec, so you better max it out
kp3t3houg

Postby Lindreth » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:06 am

It would probably help if I wore my tank boots and not my dps ones. ^^;

I actually use these as my boots: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44201

Thanks for the advice on the talents though. I haven't been terribly sure what might be best, and the dodge and 1h skills are intriguing to look at.
Lindreth

Postby phaqueue » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:33 am

just some quick things I've noticed...

your chest and cloak both need def enchants... it's the best you can get on those IMO - so they're worth it...

also - not sure if it's there or not - but make sure you have a belt buckle on your belt...

not sure why you're rocking the dodge/stam gem in your belt when you can rock def/stam and actually get the socket bonus...

also need an enchant on boots...

for the spec stuff... if by "intriguing to look at" you mean "very important for tanks" then you are completely correct...

for good ideas for specs... knaughty's spec is good - and if you can find it - there is a spec that picks up PoJ - they are both pretty much viable - just depends what you want to run...
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice