Hero's Surrender VS Wall of Terror

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Sabindeus, Aergis, lythac, Digren, majiben

After reading this, which would you choose then?

Hero's Surrender
50%
Wall of Terror
33%
If it drops first and no one wants it, Wall of Terror
17%

Total votes : 98

Postby Evangelia » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:09 pm

What im actually saying is, having items like WOT, where you get block rating without block value, allows you to grab more dodge and parry while remaining block capped. Other things like the breastplate of 25 man gluth where its block rating and i think dodge or parry will also contribute to that.
Evangelia

Postby Evangelia » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:10 pm

What im actually saying is, having items like WOT, where you get block rating without block value, allows you to grab more dodge and parry while remaining block capped. Other things like the breastplate of 25 man gluth where its block rating and i think dodge or parry will also contribute to that. This provides leeway for items with dodge or parry on them without worrying about being block capped.
Evangelia

Postby Ranluka » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:14 pm

Er our Warrior tank has the Barricade, and it works for him, but I see no reason for a Paladin to pick it unless they are desperate.

Frankly Parry is the least effective stat itemization wise. There is a reason that no one buys Parry Gems. It's not bad when coupled with Def and Dodge on a item, (the more you split the points on stats, the more bang for your buck you get) but Parry/Expertise, Parry/Hit, or the ubber rare Parry/BV items are junk.

Expertise is a awesome stat... if you're a warrior. All we get out of it is a boost to our Hammer of the Righteous and White hits. +Hit is a much more effective stat for threat.
Ranluka

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:26 am

True. But I'd certainly snap it up if I am still using Titansteel. ;)
Kelaan

Postby Kalakaua » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:18 am

Block rating on gear is primarily for warriors imo. With paladins, any block rating over the block cap is useless and it's very easy to reach block cap once your guild starts clearing naxx-25 every week.

Warriors on the other hand, cannot reach block cap anymore with the 3.0 change to their shield block so every bit of block rating they can get helps their mitigation.
Kalakaua

Postby Ewige » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:04 am

Not useless on aoe trash, but damn near.

I wish they gave it BV instead, would make it so much more awesome for trash and OT deeps.

Oh well, +1 HS.
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
Ewige

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice