block value vs dodge

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

block value vs dodge

Postby KiwiBacon » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:16 pm

ok so im thinking of stackign str to get heaps of block value or stacking dodge so i dodge heaps im wondering on what peoples opinions are on the best way to go. note i main tank 25man naxx.
KiwiBacon

Postby omnomlets » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:21 pm

I tend to play with "take upgrades where upgrades are found" and let the stats be a little more balanced. I don't 25 man much so I have fewer choices and that may impact my decision - but stacking one stat at the expense of another tends to yield overall less mitigation because you're passing an all around better piece for one that gives 2 more of your favorite stat and 20 less of another valuable one.
omnomlets

Postby KiwiBacon » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:01 pm

well im talking bout which gems more.
KiwiBacon

Postby Wolvar » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:11 pm

Strength over dodge. STR gives you more AP as well as more block. Stamina over both of them tho. :p

Plus you can carry more stuff!! ... oh wait, wrong game.
Wolvar

Postby Amshel » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:20 pm

Wolvar wrote:Strength over dodge. STR gives you more AP as well as more block. Stamina over both of them tho. :p

Just make sure not to become encumbered and jump down anywhere, you'll die from the weight.
Amshel

Postby phaqueue » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:27 pm

Wolvar wrote:Strength over dodge. STR gives you more AP as well as more block. Stamina over both of them tho. :p

not quite...

the whole BV vs dodge vs threat is this... it depends on the fight...

str gems are threat gems IMO - I don't socket anything with strength... NOTHING...

I generally don't recommend it... except for a specific set for certain fights (Maly with stacking sparks maybe?)

but like I said - it all depends on the fight... there are a few topics discussing this already... but basically - there are fights where you want more Avoidance, fights where you want more EH and fights where threat matters (not many for threat... only one I can think of would be malygos)
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice