Remove Advertisements

I'm awesome... click this thread to see...

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

I'm awesome... click this thread to see...

Postby etherboy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:32 pm

Seriously... no one ever reads my other threads... hopefully I'll get some response with this one (A/S/L maybe?)

Need advices... I've become anti-block rating... I'm hunting dodge wherever I can, but I have access to a few nice BR pieces: Skull of Ruin, Waistguard of the Tutor, which both make up my BV set... but generally boss tanking I use my Crygil's shield and Waistguard of Living Iron...

Block-rating seems a lot less desirable than dodge, or am I crazy...

I'm saving badges for Kyzoc's boots, but what item would YOU aim for next?
Erugar - 80 Paladin - <Canadian Dogsled Team> - Korgath-US
Armory
etherboy

Postby Thrornir » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:01 am

Alright, took a look at your armory - I assume you're wearing boots and waist from a Sapphiron fight. Either way, get Kyzoc's boots for your EoV since you currently have good rings, and then replace the Keystone Great-ring after that.

Otherwise, you're about right on the block rating. You do want one piece or so to bring you to block cap, but you have that with your chest. Once you're mostly Naxx10 geared, you're entirely block-capped as far as I've seen with my character. After hitting block cap, any piece with block rating is worse (except for lolshieldcrit sets when they have block value) because of the 'wasted' itemization points.
Thrornir

Postby etherboy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:59 pm

Thanks for the reply... pretty much what I thought...
Erugar - 80 Paladin - <Canadian Dogsled Team> - Korgath-US
Armory
etherboy

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice