Remove Advertisements

Engineering Goggles

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Engineering Goggles

Postby Jellypop » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:38 pm

This is so frustrating.

No news what so ever on upgrades, BS, JC and Enchanting all can "upgrade" as new gears come along.

and Engineering goggles is simply outdated.

So tempted to drop it and pick up JC, yet, karma says that Blizzard will get a new strong engineering helm annonced once I drop it

Are others falling into this problem as well? How do u deal with it?
Jellypop

Postby daemonym » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:58 pm

i dropped it fro JC a week after release. and if you're expecting a repeat of goggle upgrades like in TBC, then you can expect them to not come out until the final T9 raid instance comes out (god knows how far away that is) and have a retardedly low drop chance and require obscenely expensive mats for a helm that gets replaced by something that drops in the same zone.

if you have engineering only for the helm it's a terribad profession and you should drop it for something else as soon as the goggles are replaced. or do what i did, drop it anyways and take a moderate downgrade to titansteel (which is getting a meta and blue spot i hear so it's an even smaller downgrade.) but if you enjoy the profession, like the nifty toys and make good money with the mote extractor then i'd say keeping it.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Valin » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:59 pm

I dropped Eng for JC... and am now around 250 JC and looking at the next 50 levels sucks! Star Rubies, Azerothian Diamonds, and Sapphires oh my!
Valin

Postby Flex » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:32 pm

daemonym wrote:i dropped it fro JC a week after release. and if you're expecting a repeat of goggle upgrades like in TBC

But this isn't TBC which didn't have goggles at release at all.
Flex

Postby daemonym » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:32 pm

Valin wrote:I dropped Eng for JC... and am now around 250 JC and looking at the next 50 levels sucks! Star Rubies, Azerothian Diamonds, and Sapphires oh my!

i probably have the numbers off for here, but at either 250 or 275 JC you can learn the TBC gem cuts and skill up from there. don't make the same mistake i did and spend a kings ransom in old world gems for skill ups if you don't have to. check the JC trainers in outland (honor hold or thrallmar should have one) or just look on wowhead. you should be able to get green quality TBC gems or fel iron ore for nearly nothing by now.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby halabar » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:37 pm

The cash benefits of engineering are dropping in Wrath. I'm likely to drop engineering on one of my toons, once I get a helm replacement.

And if they change the hunter ammo system in 3.1 as they are suggesting, and engineers aren't involved, then I may drop engineering on both toons.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:49 pm

daemonym wrote:i probably have the numbers off for here, but at either 250 or 275 JC you can learn the TBC gem cuts and skill up from there.

Wowhead still lists 300 for the earliest TBC pattern. You can learn WotLK stuff at 350 however.
Flex

Postby vya » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:52 pm

Right now there are absolutely no pattern drops for any profession except JC. This will change at some point, it has to. Keep in mind that we're still on the initial release of the expac.... look at how professions progressed from 2.0->2.4.

I see a lot of people going knee-jerk into JC because of the large amounts of money to be made and the prismatic gems. On the money side, think about how much $$$ and/or time it will take to level JC, and once you get to the 400s there will be a crapton of them, because there are so many people switching. Most of the early-adopter easy money has been made IMO, and it's not going to be an automatic ATM machine without some effort in the coming weeks/months.

For me, I like my mote extractor, my roflcopter, and my rocket launcher (so easy to pull the next pack with the 40 yard range to speed things up, and rocketing critters is a nice stress reliever). And I'm the resident bot/mailbox guy.
vya

Postby Aeran » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:37 pm

I keep it for the mote extractor, the fact that my current goggles are the best item available to me (though I have the blacksmith titansteel help, for when they give it the meta slot), the portable mailbox and vendors, and of course the repair bot.

they could change engineering on its ass tomorrow if they just hotfixed it so those blue goggles were useable by anyone. hell, my purple goggles should be as well, that would be SICK
Aeran

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice