I thought I had the gear for H VH

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby Discus » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:07 am

Tried Violet Hold and Nexus Heroic over weekend as first heroics - had 22k armour/HP unbuffed - 536 defense. Guildies insisted I needed 24k HP unbuffed, I refered them here. I got hammered by firsr bosses, not even close.

I guess I'm still wearing too much level 70 gear despite above stats achievement through daunting gear and crafted titansteel - my avoidance is terribad.

Whats the minimum stats a Druid Healer needs to WoTLK heriocs?
Discus

Postby kenshin648 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:08 am

Discus wrote:Tried Violet Hold and Nexus Heroic over weekend as first heroics - had 22k armour/HP unbuffed - 536 defense. Guildies insisted I needed 24k HP unbuffed, I refered them here. I got hammered by firsr bosses, not even close.

I guess I'm still wearing too much level 70 gear despite above stats achievement through daunting gear and crafted titansteel - my avoidance is terribad.

You should technically be able to tank H-Nexus with those stats. When I ran it, I had like 20k hp, 21k armor, ~540 defense unbuffed. It is possible your healer just sucked or (in the nexus) you pulled trash into the boss fight.
Give me blood
kenshin648

Postby Discus » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:15 am

We gave up at the first boss - no accidental pulls just our healer couldnt keep me up through first boss who appeared to be hitting for about 9k mellee.

Both me and the healer are new 80s. I know, on paper at least, I have correct stats for heroics so I was wondering what a healer needs.
Discus

Postby majiben » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:27 am

Discus wrote:We gave up at the first boss - no accidental pulls just our healer couldnt keep me up through first boss who appeared to be hitting for about 9k mellee.

Both me and the healer are new 80s. I know, on paper at least, I have correct stats for heroics so I was wondering what a healer needs.
The bosses for VH are random.

*Error*

*Input more information for answer*
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Discus » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:20 am

Ah sorry, I forget the name of the boss we got in VH sorry - little guy. We wiped on him 'cos of not knowing mechanics. So we gave up and tried "easy" nexus" instead on heroic. It was the first boss in the nexus heroic that hit for 9k and made my guildies say "no, waste of time, the tanks not geared yet"

Hence I was trying to find out what min stats are for a healer in any heroic so I could blame someone else :lol:
Discus

Postby kenshin648 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:23 am

Link us your armory first and we may be able to judge that and if needed, give you some gear pointers.
Give me blood
kenshin648

Postby Discus » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:46 am

As I said I'm at work so can't link armoury - Discus in Ghostlands EU.

I know my gear needs lots of work, just hit 80 on saturday and very casual player. But what I was really after was what healing stats are needed for heroics.
Discus

Postby Explícít » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:57 pm

my stats were similiar to yours and i had 17/15/10 i believe for avoidance and didn't have any probs tanking h nex, h vh, and h strat when i first hit 80. just make sure you don't have a lazy healer and keep sacred shield up on harder pulls and bosses if you don't have a pally healer, it helps, and some bosses just hit hard as hell, as for healing stats for heroics, what i got from the blizz forums under the healing role:
easiest heroic~1200sd-1700sd~hardest heroic
requires less crit~10% such as priests
requires more crit~20% such as pallies
Explícít

Postby Neara » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:03 am

Discus wrote:Ah sorry, I forget the name of the boss we got in VH sorry - little guy. We wiped on him 'cos of not knowing mechanics. So we gave up and tried "easy" nexus" instead on heroic. It was the first boss in the nexus heroic that hit for 9k and made my guildies say "no, waste of time, the tanks not geared yet"

Hence I was trying to find out what min stats are for a healer in any heroic so I could blame someone else :lol:

i guess 9k was his whirlwind? .. that's normal
Neara

Postby knaughty » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:16 am

Discus wrote:Tried Violet Hold and Nexus Heroic over weekend as first heroics - had 22k armour/HP unbuffed - 536 defense. Guildies insisted I needed 24k HP unbuffed, I refered them here. I got hammered by firsr bosses, not even close.

Sounds like you're combining "just barely acceptable" tanking gear with "just barely acceptable healing gear" with "tree druid" (AKA worst 5-man healer).

You'd probably have more luck with a priest (best 5-man healer) or pally/shaman (better than a tree, and have the bonus of being hard to kill).

Priests have the downside of being so fragile they need "improved death" talent. And a Glyph to make "improved death" last longer.

I'd solve the problem with crafted epics on both you and the healer, then try again. Maybe try Utguard instead of VH, but VH is pretty easy.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby mavfin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:24 am

I did heroic UK this weekend with pally healer at 23K unbuffed, 22K armor, 550ish def. (using stam/def gems) Had ~42% total dodge/parry/miss, another 18% block, so I should have been taking more hits than you unless your avoidance is terribad. No real problems other than healer d/c'ed about 10 seconds into first boss pull. Splat! Came back in 2 minutes, was fine the rest of the way. I died on Ingvar, as I fat-fingered shield wall, but DPS finished him easily.

So, since I'm a warrior, and everyone's agreeing that pallies take less damage, you *should* be fine with a competent healer....
--Mav
mavfin

Postby regression » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:39 am

I've been running heroics since 20k hp unbuffed, 22k armor and 540 defense. you'll get upgrades fast as many instances have at least 1 tank drop. I got two in strath I believe.

It can be done, you may indeed need to bring a better geared healer for the beginning, I was running with mostly guildie healers who were already heroic/10man geared.
regression

Postby Discus » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:02 am

Yeah, thanks all - especially for the healing stats. I have most of the crafted BS epics I can make myself, except the titansteel boots.

My defense is now 541 unbuffed after being lucky enough to get the Seal of the Pantheon last night.

TBH I think I'm ready and our healer just needs to gear up a bit - we tried HoL normal last night and although it was fast and straightforward, the healer was going OOM a lot.
Discus

Postby majiben » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:18 am

Discus wrote:TBH I think I'm ready and our healer just needs to gear up a bit - we tried HoL normal last night and although it was fast and straightforward, the healer was going OOM a lot.
No reason for a healer to be going oom all the time in a heroic.

Last time I encountered a healer with mana trouble they were a priest who didn't pick up the mana regen while in combat talents. They were a PuG so I didn't want to be too assertive for fear of running them off. I told them that I noticed that they were drinking a lot (notice I didn't say going oom) and that they might consider picking up said talent. At the very least they would save money on water.

Check to see if you healer has all the resto mana regen talents and the spirit increasing talents.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Playdoh » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:14 am

I probably had 20K unbuffed HP, 540 defense, and 22K armor starting heroics.

The priests and druids I went with probably had the same gear as me.

We might have wiped on a couple of pulls, but it's more of a matter of learning how to do them rather than being geared to stand there and take everything the boss throws at you.

Tanks move out of the fire too.
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice