Goddamn shields...

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Sabindeus, Aergis, lythac, Digren, majiben

Which would you take? (Leaving out looks)

Titansteel Shield Wall
18%
Royal Crest of Lordaeron
53%
Crygil's Discarded Plate Panel
29%

Total votes : 68

Postby Tacoshell » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:20 am

I have nothing wrong with the term crit cap but I will fight the usage of crit cap tooth and nail for the health of the tanking community. I'm sure it was a slip of the tounge (finger?) for lore to use the term but it was damaging for him to do so exspecially as a tanking celebrity that many look up to.

You sure are going through a lot of trouble just to argue semantics.

Pertaining to the topic, I prefered the Royal Crest due to its superior stamina and relative balance in stats, though I switched to the Ruin shield today when it dropped, just because I like block value =/
Tacoshell-70 Protection Paladin-Smolderthorn
Tacoshell

Postby Veilan » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:03 am

Eanin wrote:Just for the record...having a Titansteel Shield Wall crafted does not in fact guarantee that the Lordaeron shield will drop, especially if you are an exceptionally vain Blood Elf who really just wants it for the looks.

That's why :D.
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Veilan

Postby amh » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:10 am

Tacoshell wrote:You sure are going through a lot of trouble just to argue semantics.

I could say the same, but that would be boring. While the color Majiben uses really tears my eyes and makes me painfully aware that my internal organs are threatening to flee in horror, he makes a very valid point. This site gets read by a lot of people; might as well try to spread the good word. Did you notice how fast "uncrushable" became "block-capped"?

Macktruck wrote:Sry but Hero's Surrender is the best looking shield. Don't be spreading lies lol.

That's a blatant lie. The Barricade looks so much better!
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Sartor » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:11 am

Personally I prefer to go for the Royal crest.

I just don't like paying for a craft which I am going to replace in Naxx..

As for the other shield I don't like much the dodge, even back in TBC. :P

As for good looking, Royal Crest beats em all... the best looking shield after the one from Illidan.
Sartor

Postby Valoel » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:42 am

ah personally i went with crygil's as i was having problems getting Royal crest to drop. Badges spent and the next day the Crest drops, go figure...

In terms of looks the crest wins hands down tho. I dont use either now, got lucky and Wall of Terror dropped woop :)
Valoel

Postby Daenerys » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:31 pm

Eh I use the Royal Crest of Lordaeron (better, after killing Mal'ganis 16 times to get it) but I think the emblem one is better, by a miniscule amount. However, I'm barely at def cap right now and waiting to switch out one of my stam trinkets for Lavanthor's Talisman once it drops, so I needed all the defense rating I can get.. and.. well, the shield is simply beautiful. I voted for the emblem one, however, since you did say "setting aside looks." I'm a big fan of avoidance.
Daenerys

Postby Shadowhamer » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:46 am

Easy choice for me. I am a BS, and Miner. I got my titansteel, and I crafted my shield. I can use the badges to buy other things, like my belt.

Now I sit at 548 def, and that is with a stam trinket, and block one.
Evil does not fight fair, so nor do I

For he who dares !
Shadowhamer

Postby Chunes » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:57 am

The crest has fulfilled my needs thus far. I will most likely upgrade it with the skull shield or Wall of terror from naxx25. the shields at the same iLvl are all side grades in one direction or another, so no REAL need to swap them unless as my gear changes i find a deficiency in some stat (i.e. def dropping too low would push me to a shield w/ def to compensate).

nevertheless, i'd probably regem or not be so lazy w/ enchanting some of my gear to make up for a defense loss rather than swap shields (and thus probably have to re-enchant the new one too).
Chunes

Postby Gracerath » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:03 am

Snagged a Titansteel when I dinged 80. Not hating it.

I will probably swap to one of those shields with +hit eventually because I fucking HATE h8h8h8h8h8 haaaaaaaaaaate missing with ShoR / HotR.

I miss precision :(
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice