Really killing me

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Really killing me

Postby Lopimp » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:15 pm

Okies reached def cap working on other items for BV and the likes but seem to get smacked in heroics any advice always got HS up and the likes just really struggling
Lopimp

Postby Kelaan » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:26 pm

Work on normals until you have 20k-ish health and 20-22k armor, I imagine. I was already there from questing, rep rewards, and some lucky drops in nonheroic instances.

Emphasize effective health (stamina and armor) more than block value; the 900ish you'll have is probably Fine. Make sure your healer is skilled, and don't be afraid to CC.

If you're getting soundly thrashed, consider using Kings + Devo aura, and either flasking or eating some elixirs. Additionally, you can buy 25 stamina food from vendors (e.g., argent crusade food lady). I keep 1-2 stacks for cheap usage, since my cooking sucks. ;)
Kelaan

Postby amh » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:09 pm

Kelaan wrote: my cooking sucks. ;)

I hear you :/

Anyway, squeezing in another 200 block-value at the cost of god knows how much HP is a very bad idea when trash-mobs hit for 5-6k.

You may have a consecration-spell, but there's really no shame in using cc! I use cc (if we brought any) on every pull with more than one caster. Less stress on me, fewer gray hairs on my healer's head.

You'll notice that as your gear improves, melee mobs become pretty trivial. It's the casters that get you!

Just remembered those web-spinners in Old Kingdom.. 20k shadowbolt -_-
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Lopimp » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:19 pm

Kelaan wrote:Work on normals until you have 20k-ish health and 20-22k armor, I imagine. I was already there from questing, rep rewards, and some lucky drops in nonheroic instances.

Emphasize effective health (stamina and armor) more than block value; the 900ish you'll have is probably Fine. Make sure your healer is skilled, and don't be afraid to CC.

If you're getting soundly thrashed, consider using Kings + Devo aura, and either flasking or eating some elixirs. Additionally, you can buy 25 stamina food from vendors (e.g., argent crusade food lady). I keep 1-2 stacks for cheap usage, since my cooking sucks. ;)

KK am 24k Hp Unbuffed with 22k ish armor have orked normals and most of the kit i want to look at barring badge stuff is in heroics. have tried the holy wrath consecrate and the likes mthod woks well but for some reason healer seems OOm by the time skadi lands granted apart from achievement run have run with pally healer(my other half apart frm tonight)

amh my BV is about 1096 ATM i think
and don mention shadow damage VH HC and the fecking VW killed me today lol too many times
Lopimp

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice