Gear check pre-Heroics :)

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Gear check pre-Heroics :)

Postby glmacedo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:43 am

Guys (and Gals),

This is my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zul%27jin&n=Thielin

As a summary, I have the following:

HP: 22184 (Unbuffed)
Def: 531 (working on 540)
Armor: 20k
Dodge/Parry/Block: 17.14/15.18/10.24
BV: 799

There are still some TBC badge items that I have to replace, and I should have my Titansteel Shieldwall later tonight, which will prolly put me at the H defense minimum. Also, I should get the Argent Crusade head 'chant either late today or tomorrow...

So, with the above stats, am I good to start running Heroics?

And as a further question, what is the "progression" for Heroics? What are the easiest ones to start with? My guild plans to start Naxx by Jan 2nd (damn DK fever - we've been having a case of slow lvlers :@ )

Thanks!
glmacedo

Postby amh » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:09 am

You´re fine :)
If you want to do some heroics before you get the new shield, grab some defense-enchants. Defense on shield, for example, is quite cheap. Defense on bracers is slightly harder to get a hold of (rare enchant + old materials).

There´s a bucket full of which-heroic-is-the-easiest threads over in the 5-man/heroic forum.

Basicly just take one of the instances you did on your way to 80, swap to heroic and have a go! I find Nexus very easy, but also very boring. Bring some cc-capable classes for starters, the only things that can hurt you are the casters.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:26 am

Get 535 Defense, assemble a good group of players and go for it. It's that simple.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby glmacedo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:47 am

Thanks guys!

Managed to run H Nexus last night (it was easy - no wipes, and didnt even use CC :) ) and even got the rare shield of Keristraza...

So with this I ended up upgrading my boots to Titansteel Treads and got to 338 defense - all in all ending with 23k HP and 335 Def, so ready to run other Heroics with no issues ;)
glmacedo

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice