Remove Advertisements

Dropping Eng. - Replace w/JCing or Enchanting?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Dropping Eng. - Replace w/JCing or Enchanting?

Postby Ocin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:54 am

I'm keeping BSing for nostalgic reasons, but I was going to drop engineering since the goggles will be replaced down the line. What will give the most amount of maxxing down the line, JCing or enchanting?

Sorry if this is a dupe question, didn't see one based on the new profession bonuses or design/enchants.
Last edited by Ocin on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ocin

Postby Ewige » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:00 am

I've replaced goggles almost the same day I made them, but I've made a lot of money selling motes in the past few weeks so I'm not planning to drop it just yet. Though it is hella tempting. Hella.

I'd wait until next patch info to drop it completely though, you never know what they might add. I would even stay if the only thing they do is make enchants stack with rocket boots and rocket gloves.
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
Ewige

Postby Ocin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:07 am

Ewige wrote:I'd wait until next patch info to drop it completely though, you never know what they might add. I would even stay if the only thing they do is make enchants stack with rocket boots and rocket gloves.

I really want to wait, but blizz has said they're not going to make craftables something you have to get to max your gear out. I guess worst case scenario, I'd have to re-level it. That leaves me wondering which will give me more bang; custom gems/trinkets or ring enchants?
Last edited by Ocin on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ocin

Postby Ocin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:08 am

i guess there's also something to be said about the stam buff from mining
Ocin

Postby Ewige » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:09 am

That is true, however engineering has nothing comparable to JC/BS extra sockets/super gems. Honestly, I'm expecting some sort of buff.

And if not, hey, at least I'm getting all this money to level up whatever.

Edit: I think the most telling thing about state of engineering is the lack of plate healing goggles (unless I missed them). I think this is a strong indicator that this profession was unfinished.
Ewige

Postby Ocin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:13 am

Ewige wrote:Edit: I think the most telling thing about state of engineering is the lack of plate healing goggles (unless I missed them). I think this is a strong indicator that this profession was unfinished.

very true. funny that the goggles still are BoP and the epic plate from BSing isn't. It all feels unfinished
Ocin

Postby daemonym » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:15 am

Ewige wrote:I think this is a strong indicator that this profession was unfinished.

we're also very early into the expansion. i'd expect some more bop goodies to come into all the professions at some point. i mean if every crafted epic is boe basically, there's not much point to a crafting prof. the way it is now your only real choice are BS-sockets, JC-3 uber gems, LW-bracer mods, tailoring-cape mods and mount, engineering-mote extractor and pre naxx head piece.

if they stay with this model i'll be VERY disappointed.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Elsie » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:17 am

I'm pretty positive ulduar will have release with ulduar level goggles or trinkets or new patterns.
Elsie

Postby Ocin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:27 am

I think you're right about new stuff coming down the line, but I have a feeling there will be raid equivalent drops, but no bonus similar to BS sockets coming to engineering.
Ocin

Postby Kroda » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:28 am

I was in the same boat and now I'm a BS/JC

I've made a ton of gold since the start of the expansion from those 2 professions.

I like the synergy between the extra slots and the Jc-only gems to get the gem slot and meta bonuses, plus it makes it easy to fine tune your gear when something new drops.
Kroda

Postby Ocin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:27 am

Picking up JCing when the servers come back up. Thanks for helping me sort this shizzat out
Ocin

Re: Dropping Eng. - Replace w/JCing or Enchanting?

Postby Spotnick » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:44 am

Ocin wrote:I'm keeping BSing for nostalgic reasons, but I was going to drop engineering since the goggles will be replaced down the line. What will give the most amount of maxxing down the line, JCing or enchanting?

Sorry if this is a dupe question, didn't see one based on the new profession bonuses or design/enchants.

Don't you think a patch will bring a goggle upgrade like sunwell eventually?
Spotnick

Re: Dropping Eng. - Replace w/JCing or Enchanting?

Postby Ocin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:59 am

Spotnick wrote:
Ocin wrote:I'm keeping BSing for nostalgic reasons, but I was going to drop engineering since the goggles will be replaced down the line. What will give the most amount of maxxing down the line, JCing or enchanting?

Don't you think a patch will bring a goggle upgrade like sunwell eventually?

I do think that it will, but I also think there will be a raid drop equivalent. I just posted in another thread that I didn't see one tank with the Sunwell goggles which makes me think they were difficult to come by, or not as good as Sunwell drops. Blizz could throw a curve and make them best in slot, but they've said they don't want to force anyone into a profession to get the best items.
Ocin

Postby Ewige » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:27 am

And yet people drop Engineering to get best-in-slot enchants/gems/sockets. Backwards philosophy is backwards, but that's blizzard for ya.
Ewige

Postby ARogers » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:39 am

I was just about to drop engineering, but I think I'm going to keep it. First, I think there will be goodies in the future. They went on a massive change with stuff wanting the professions to be evernly useful including gathering professions. They won't want Engineering to disapear.

Second, you can cell me what you want, but I flat REFUSE to wear T7. I'm dead serious. I won't wear a piece of T7 because it is the ugliest set I've ever seen. I want the goggle to wear so I don't need to have the stats from the T7. I'm a 10-man guy, and the gogles are ridiculously close to the T7 ones. The second option is Thane's helm, and the goggles have expertise, 20 more def, and produce quite a bit more threat than Thane's.
ARogers

Next

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice