Remove Advertisements

Breastplate of kings ---> Bulwark of the Ancient Kin

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Breastplate of kings ---> Bulwark of the Ancient Kin

Postby Merodyn » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:29 am

So. I just dinged 375 BS and i'm thinking what i should do now. Already bought myself a recipie of the "boots of the protector". Though after that i'm curious if it's actually worth getting this item.
1500 health sure owns, especially in sitaution where u get a enraged boss on you and there is alot of possibilities to get loads of stamina. Even though it feels more like a warrior chest/retribution paladin, i cant stop thinking about getting it.

From a Tankadin point of view who is currenlty wearing breastplate of righteousness and is in a guild who soon will have karazhan on farm status. Is this something worth getting(tier 2 part since i cant get hold of vortexes)? NvM that i have to farm alot.

/thanks
Merodyn

Re: Breastplate of kings ---> Bulwark of the Ancient

Postby Vanifae » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:34 am

Merodyn wrote:So. I just dinged 375 BS and i'm thinking what i should do now. Already bought myself a recipie of the "boots of the protector". Though after that i'm curious if it's actually worth getting this item.
1500 health sure owns, especially in sitaution where u get a enraged boss on you and there is alot of possibilities to get loads of stamina. Even though it feels more like a warrior chest/retribution paladin, i cant stop thinking about getting it.

From a Tankadin point of view who is currenlty wearing breastplate of righteousness and is in a guild who soon will have karazhan on farm status. Is this something worth getting(tier 2 part since i cant get hold of vortexes)? NvM that i have to farm alot.

/thanks

If you can get your avoidance and defense stats elsewhere, sure.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Merodyn » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:14 am

Else what chest does people regulary go for?
Merodyn

Postby Vanifae » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:19 am

Merodyn wrote:Else what chest does people regulary go for?

Jadeskull Breastplate or soemthing like that.

Then the Panza'thar
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby guillex » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:19 am

Vanifae wrote:
Merodyn wrote:Else what chest does people regulary go for?

Jadeskull Breastplate or soemthing like that.

Then the Panza'thar

If you're Aldor -> Vindicator's Hauberk also works.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Tumeric » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:10 pm

I am aldor and started with the rep chest, but found that minus the def rating loss Jadeskull netted me more avoidance hp and well str ( completely minor being its ratio to BV) so i kept it with 150 health chant until Panz decides to drop for me and i dont have 3 other warriors wanting.
Tumeric

Postby Joanadark » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:48 pm

the Armorsmithing Breastplate offers the single highest available Effective Health for it's slot all the way until you reach teir 5 content.

My guild's warrior main tank uses it and loves the thing.
If he pops his cooldowns in the right order he can reach 32 thousand health.

Its best suited for a blood elf you tanks with SoB if you want to get the most out of the stats.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Roflzburger » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:57 pm

I actually use the Righteous armor chestpiece because it gives higher health than the Jadeskull Breastplate along with spell damage. The Jadeskull gives block value but I have all my defense covered from other gear to get 103+
Roflzburger

Postby Bendekar » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:58 am

So I've been using Panzar'thar Breastplate ever since I got it... it's been a huge help.

I've had Bulwark of the Ancient Kings sitting in my bag over a month for farming/pvp/whatever.

Thanks to a couple key gear upgrades, my total mitigation% is way above the 102.4% threshold, and I'm thinking of going back to the Bulwark for boss tanking (with proper 12stam gems and 150 health enchant of course). The added armor on Bulwark probably evens out with the added block value on Panzar'thar, so I'd gain 5.03 stamina, 25 hit rating, and a nice use ability at the cost of 26 defense (block rating at this point is a useless stat for me).

I'll still be around 498 defense so no worries there. I get some nice STR and crit rating, not that those are a big deal for an alliance tankadin. Woot I'll hit for 6-7 more white DPS and gain 2.4% crit with my 41 DPS onehander! At least shield throw gains the hit and crit bonuses too.
:wink:

I like the irony... I started tanking Kara with Breastplate of Kings and it was state of the art uber... shelved it for the Panzar'thar upgrade... now my other gear is stacked and I find myself going back to the upgraded Bulwark.
----------------------------------------------------------
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
--Louis Pasteur
Bendekar

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice