Remove Advertisements

Looking for some Input.

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Looking for some Input.

Postby Zeph » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:11 pm

http://armorylite.com/us/moon+guard/zephrin

Any advice on upgrades I can find even in heroics?

Note: Not all items are up to date. I have Gilded Thorium Cloak and Shermanar's Great Ring.
Zephrin -70 - 0/54/7 - Moon Guard
Zeph

Postby xstrykr » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:20 pm

What do you need advice on? Do you want to continue tanking prior to LK? Or are you looking for something to carry you on through the expansion to 80?
xstrykr

Postby majiben » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:29 pm

If you plan to level prot in Wotlk I would suggest getting as much Block rating, defense, and str as possible in that order. As far as what you could do in what remains of TBC T4 easily and try out some ZA and T5 if you have access. How long ago did you get that badge shield? If I was you I would really try to get my badges back because that set of shields really are shameful for their cost. I notice you don't have the KoT head enchant. That is an enchant that should be used on all your tanking heads till you get enough rep with the Ardent Dawn for their WOTLK enchant. KoT also has a good set of tanking legs that would be an upgrade for you.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Zeph » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:38 pm

Yeah, I'm still running CoT to get Revered for the enchant and legs both. Basically, the thing I am looking for here, is upgrades to the pieces I need to get upgraded before Wrath. Some shoulders, and pants would be great. I have Moroes Lucky Pocket watch, but exchanging it for one of the trinkets would screw myself on Defense cap.
Zeph

Postby majiben » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:52 pm

I wouldn't bother with the pocket watch honestly. It is not nearly as appealing with diminishing returns. Also you might be missing a few defense enchants on your wrist and chest. Could just be an old snapshot though. Not whole lot you could that's worth doing with wrath just around the bend. The 75 badge legs will make a nice leveling pair of pants should you get your badges returned.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby xstrykr » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:59 pm

Yeah, the pocket watch has lost a lot of its luster come 3.0 (and for that matter so has the CoK - not as much though) so I really wouldn't stay with that for too long.

Any of the badge tanking legs will be nice, I personally like the Inscribed Legplates because it's very well-rounded.

One thing you might want to prioritize higher is a real tanking/dps weapon - getting a KD/SE is largely dependent on luck. If you've got the time and the patience, getting 18000 honor points and 20 EotS marks for a Merc Gladiator weapon would be an extremely nice upgrade.
xstrykr

Postby Zeph » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:06 am

Thanks for the advice. Looks like it is BG's for me.
Zeph

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice