Remove Advertisements

Trinket Trouble

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Trinket Trouble

Postby Celles » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:07 pm

Alright. I picked up Figurine of the Colossus last night and I'm not sure if I should use it over my other trinkets for tanking. Any advice and why?

My other 2 trinkets are Argussian Compass - which is know is sort of rubbish but the stamina on that thing seems invaluable - and Dabiri's Enigma - the defense of which is pushing me to 500, so the loss of the defense hurts but can be made up with +Def gems.

Armory Page
Celles

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:08 pm

That trinket nowadays is purely an (op) farming trinket.

Keep it for the future, but it's not really worth using while tanking anymore (used to be great to reach uncrushabilty)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Kup » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:18 pm

Depending on your gear level it's a great aoe pull trinket. I equip and use it every time I do heroic MrT and pull the whole room before the second boss. Considering the other two trinkets you linked I'd use it over the Compass because unless the rest of your gear is BT or higher you will need the block value. Although crushings were removed from boss level mobs unless you're under the level cap, a block is still better than a hit.
Kup

Postby econ21 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:22 am

It's the heal on block use effect of the figurine that is valuable nowadays. (Before 3.0, the on equip BR was nice for the big contribution it made to your 102.4%). As has been said, nice for insane bursts of AOE tanking but situational.

By contrast, Dabiri's engima's on equip defence is very helpful after 3.0 to keep uncrittable. If you are at 102.4%, however, it's on use feature gives you nothing (as extra blocks are the next thing to fall off the attack table after hits), so you may find better defence trinkets (the one from SL, for example, or even the regal protectorate).
econ21

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice