Remove Advertisements

more prot badge gear or get the badge ret gear for leveling?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

more prot badge gear or get the badge ret gear for leveling?

Postby whoopz » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:36 am

I cant decide if i m going to get the 100 badge warrior chest or spend the badge on ret gear for leveling... what do you guys think? currently my guild is trying to go thou the T6 content before wotlk comes out. so I do need better gear here/ there.

my armory:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Buddykrist

thanks for help!
whoopz

Postby Belloc » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:51 am

Do you want to tank instances while leveling in WotLK?

Here's my recommendation: Get what's better for you now. You'll have a better/equivalent chest from instancing/crafting on your way to 80.
Belloc

Postby Spectrum » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:20 am

I'm planning to level as ret and tank instances on the way. It's not like 5-mans are hard, and they ought to be tuned for a lot of people who aren't already in epics, thus at least the first ones will be easy.

At 75 when we get Shield of Righteousness I might switch...
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Infinite Discontinuity » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:49 am

I have a similar question. I'm sitting on about 100 badges and my chest is the only blue I need to replace (Jade Skull Breastplate, my second one actually, I sold the first one then the patch made it actually useful so I got it again). I've heard the Chestplate of Stoicism described elsewhere in this forum as the best mitigation chest in the game, but since the patch wow is on easy mode and it seems unlikely that I will do anything to warrant the mitigation (ZA at the most). I was thinking of Shattrath Protectorate's Breastplate instead for increased threat and damage and blowing through low 70 instances when wrath hits.
Infinite Discontinuity

Postby Belloc » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:51 am

Infinite Discontinuity wrote:I have a similar question. I'm sitting on about 100 badges and my chest is the only blue I need to replace (Jade Skull Breastplate, my second one actually, I sold the first one then the patch made it actually useful so I got it again). I've heard the Chestplate of Stoicism described elsewhere in this forum as the best mitigation chest in the game, but since the patch wow is on easy mode and it seems unlikely that I will do anything to warrant the mitigation (ZA at the most). I was thinking of Shattrath Protectorate's Breastplate instead for increased threat and damage and blowing through low 70 instances when wrath hits.

Get the Chestplate of Stoicism. Your threat should be fine either way. The extra dodge will increase your Blessing of Sanctuary mana generation.
Belloc

Postby Infinite Discontinuity » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:41 pm

That's a good point, threat really has become a non-issue. Maybe it'll last me a while longer in northrend too... :-) Thank you!
Infinite Discontinuity

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice