Remove Advertisements

Post 3.0 Weapon Enchants (L70)

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby Chunes » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:07 am

using potency on my rising tide atm. Damn axe already had a glow effect though, so no green goodness for me.

Luckily RT already has 2 glow effects on it, one on the handle and one on the head of the axe, pink and orange iirc, so i guess thats ok.
Chunes

Re: Post 3.0 Weapon Enchants (L70)

Postby Macawber » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:51 pm

Zakkarai wrote:Crusader
Anecdotal evidence suggested that, even at L70, Crusader was the superior DPS enchant compared to Potency.

Question: does this still hold? Does the frequency of the Crusader buff mean it's better than Potency for threat/block? I know it's random, but mongoose was random and it is still the enchant of choice for warrior tanks.

Crusader is especially good for a class like enhancement shaman because they have flurry and at least one instant attack, so it procs fairly often. If I'm not mistaken, it will only proc for us from auto attacks and HotR. I have it on my Sun Eater right now, and although I don't have any exact numbers, the buff seems to be up much less than a fifth of the time. I'll be getting potency the next time I upgrade.
Macawber

Postby Ragingsoul » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:10 am

I have potency on my unbreakable will. I trust more static stats rather than a proc. everyone has his own preferences.
While tanking new content, one rule is important -- it's not about taking less damage; it's about being able to take more.
Ragingsoul, Palatank, Tsunadee, Resto Druid, Bisoul, Mutilate Rogue
Ragingsoul

Postby Eanin » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:27 am

I put Mongoose on my Unbreakable Will and I love it. I had a ton of threat, so I really didn't need the potency. Mongoose is up a lot, especially when tanking multiple targets. That extra dodge is really nice, it adds 264 armor, and it increases my crits, too.

If I start having threat problems, I'll go back to potency, but right now, Mongoose is just great.
Eanin

Postby daemonym » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:14 am

i have potency on my mallet of the tides and spell power on my cotton candy mace. i keep spell power on the spell power weapon because it can double as my 'pretend to heal' item as well as my aoe farm item. for my MT weapon i'll always have potency on it or its future equivalent. the threat and dps is nice but i'm beyond tickled having oodles of BV. block often, block lots. our best strength is that we can always block each hit that manages to land to i'll try and make that even more so and see how that works out once raiding starts up in LK.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Telvannis » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:12 pm

I'm using Potency on my Dragonscale-Encrusted Longblade.
Really loving the threat output. I much prefer the steady increase of Potency compared to the unpredictable and semi-spiky benefits of Mongoose.

You could go wither way really, I really prefer consistency though.
"When the first link of chain is forged, the first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, it chains us all irrevocably."
Telvannis

Postby Benno » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:19 pm

I got 2 weapons.

One with potency and one with Deathfrost.
Must admit i love that Deathfrost enchant.

Since threat isnt a problem then I would say that I prefer Deathfrost
Benno

Postby Legionp » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:29 pm

If you have enough (lots) dodge you can use an adamantite weapon chain for 15 parry rating, which would give you more avoidance than the 20 agility : )
Legionp

Postby crabcrouton » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:15 am

Benno wrote:I got 2 weapons.

One with potency and one with Deathfrost.
Must admit i love that Deathfrost enchant.

Since threat isnt a problem then I would say that I prefer Deathfrost

This is my situation too. I went with 2/2 GbtL instead of JotJ to help with mana bars when soloing and Deathfrost is well, quite frankly way cool to stare at.
crabcrouton

Postby lusisia » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:52 am

As a side note, in WotLK Greater Potency is not the same as potency =(. I don't think I've seen a +STR weapon enchant in beta yet. It's all AP.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Blutreich » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:59 am

deathfrost proc off puddle?
Going to spend my cab money on more shots and just take the ambulance home
Blutreich

Postby Jobah » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:31 am

Executioner imo. WoW is 90% style and 10% stats, fuck that ugly green potency crap, i had that on my weapon for a while and its the ugliest enchant, couldnt stand it. This game is about looking good, put an enchant on your weapon that you like, its not like any enchant you gonna put on is gonna make that big of a difference.

But mongoose could save your life! From what im hearing they arent really planning on adding any raid to the game that will be as hard as sunwell was. They like the idea of testing groups to do things right and not make mistakes, they like these kind of challenges (ie za 4 chest) and we should expect more things like this to come, i think we can get away with a stylish weapon enchant for this kinda shit.
Jobah

Postby Ryu » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:55 am

Guillex wrote:
Lightbeard wrote:Mongoose really that bad?

Yes.
Ryu

Re: Post 3.0 Weapon Enchants (L70)

Postby EvilNuff » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:11 pm

Zakkarai wrote:...
Spellpower
This has been supplanted in power by the healing enchant (43 versus 40 spell power) and due to the AP coefficient introduction, is overall the least desirable enchant for a protection paladin's focused threat.

This is incorrect, they are both +40 SP. There was a bug that weapons enchanted with healing before the patch converted them incorrectly to 43 I believe. But both enchants are 40 now.
EvilNuff

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice