Just looking for a confirmation on Slicer vs Grom'tor's.

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Just looking for a confirmation on Slicer vs Grom'tor's.

Postby Naeldon » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:12 am

I'm about to ding 70 (gz me!) and am now looking for weapons. I've been reading the threads on here but I'd just like a bit of confirmation so I know I'm barking up the right tree.

At the moment my best, easiest option threat wise (given 3.0) is to go for The Merciless Gladiator Slicer as per the quote post below originally in this thread:

Scotthew wrote:Image

However in this thread Ulushnar writes:

Ulushnar wrote:http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31071 - Grom'tor's Charge.

No rep grind, no raids, just one big-ass questchain in SMV.

Forget about how one needs to get these weapons. I'm set BG wise for the slicer, and the quest line for Grom'tor's should be do able with the help from my guild. This is purely about which is best.

Here is my thinking and you tell me if I am right or wrong (and if I am wrong, then please explain).

Grom's Charge is the weapon I am better off getting because, as Ulushnar says, it will help getting me to uncrittable.

Problem: Grom's Charge does not appear on that TPS spreadsheet. Should I therefore assume the threat it generates is pretty crappy? While I believe I can hold aggro using it (it'd not have been recommended otherwise) I imagine it will be a much harder, probably more stressful task.

If I had uncrittable via my armour etc then the slicer would be the better weapon since it generates the most threat of the two.

Is this correct and should I indeed work on getting Grom's or is there a weapon, pre-raid, that I am missing that meets halfway between the Charge and the Slicer?

Thanks

:crosseyed through looking at numbers:

PS - I do know there are various weapon threads. I've looked at them all, but tbh I'm so confused that I just want some clear advice regarding my situation. Hence the new topic :oops:
Naeldon

Postby ulushnar » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:20 am

Right, the Slicer's probably better. The Resilience will help you to uncrittable, and the DPS is much higher, which means bigger HotR hits.

I mentioned Grom'tor's Charge as a reliable option for those who didn't want to grind Rep or Honor. It was certainly a weapon several Warriors I know swore by before they got Sun Eater/KD.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Naeldon » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:21 am

And with that single post you have just dispelled all of my confusion. Thanks :)
Naeldon

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice