Remove Advertisements

Gear suggestions 3.0?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Gear suggestions 3.0?

Postby etherboy » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:48 pm

Well I was planning to drop my beloved Pally in Wrath, but I've had a change of heart... now I'm desperately trying to adjust my gear (I always min/max as best I can)...

Just wondering what upgrades/sidegrades would make the biggest difference come Tuesday...

I have a Regal Protectorate in the bank, along with a Breeching Comet and a (The) Decapitator...

I foolishly vendored my Shermanar Great-Ring...

Armory in sig

Erugar - 80 Paladin - <Canadian Dogsled Team> - Korgath-US
Armory
etherboy

Postby majiben » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:17 am

Get more defense. You are sitting at 294 and will drop to at least 274 if not lower. Where to get that defense you ask? Well get +12 defense to your bracers, the +12 defense meta, a different shield (the S2 shield is a really nice pve shield and the resilence can be of use in your case), Begging a GM to restore your Shade ring or get another ring with defense in place of the badge one (so sad to part with it I know), a defense trinket (the pocket watch loses a lot of it's appeal now that DR will severly cut back the effect of it on use), a tank weapon if you can find a good one (I suggest ZJ's ax), and gems as a last ditch effort.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby etherboy » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:17 am

Majiben wrote:Get more defense. You are sitting at 294 and will drop to at least 274 if not lower. Where to get that defense you ask? Well get +12 defense to your bracers, the +12 defense meta, a different shield (the S2 shield is a really nice pve shield and the resilence can be of use in your case), Begging a GM to restore your Shade ring or get another ring with defense in place of the badge one (so sad to part with it I know), a defense trinket (the pocket watch loses a lot of it's appeal now that DR will severly cut back the effect of it on use), a tank weapon if you can find a good one (I suggest ZJ's ax), and gems as a last ditch effort.

294 Defense?! Or do you mean 494?

If I'm only at 294 I really am in trouble :(
Armory
etherboy

Postby ulushnar » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:02 pm

Yep, Majiben managed to quite stunningly mistake the 4 key for a 2 key twice. Both times in the same place. But yea, you'll need to scare up 6 Defense skill or about 14 Defense Rating from somewhere.

Of course if you're in Hyjal, just try and grab The Unbreakable Will.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby etherboy » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:49 pm

Ulushnar wrote:Yep, Majiben managed to quite stunningly mistake the 4 key for a 2 key twice. Both times in the same place. But yea, you'll need to scare up 6 Defense skill or about 14 Defense Rating from somewhere.

Of course if you're in Hyjal, just try and grab The Unbreakable Will.

Hyjal has been a pug only thing for me... and we've only ever made it to Anetheron...

I was ridiculously lucky to get the Hammer...

Might have to grind out a S2 sword...
Armory
etherboy

Postby econ21 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:58 am

etherboy wrote:Might have to grind out a S2 sword...

According to PsiVen's chart, the Breeching Comet is fairly close to S2 sword in tps. Given it's additional tanking stats, I think it's probably preferable overall. I've decided to save my honour for level 80.
econ21

Postby etherboy » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:14 pm

What is a good gem choice for the Breeching Comet...

I've pretty much decided same as you that I will save honor instead... or spend it towards PvP healing gear as I was earlier...

edit: Well I look at the charts and it seems the fairy floss might live another day... Breeching Comet is worse...

However should I bother Potency enchanting my Hammer?
Armory
etherboy

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice