Pocketwatch or Insignia?

Pocketwatch
21%
Insignia
79%

Total votes : 14

Pocketwatch or Insignia?

Postby Ranluka » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:49 pm

I got the Shadowmoon insignia tonight and I'm wondering if I should use it, or continue using the Pocketwatch for Sunwell. The Shadowmoon Inginia gives me another 1.5% avoidance, but the Pocket Watches use option is much.. much better.
Ranluka

Re: Pocketwatch or Insignia?

Postby majiben » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:11 am

Ranluka wrote:I got the Shadowmoon insignia tonight and I'm wondering if I should use it, or continue using the Pocketwatch for Sunwell. The Shadowmoon Inginia gives me another 1.5% avoidance, but the Pocket Watches use option is much.. much better.

Well the only thing about the pocket watch use in SW is that it's less powerful relatively. In anywhere but SW it's worth say a 1/3rd reduction in incoming damage at 55% avoidance. but in SW your avoidance is only 30% and it's worth 1/5th reduction in incoming damage.

For anything but SW the pocket watch will win when an emergency button could save the day.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby elfjorc » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:18 am

Depends on the fight.
elfjorc

Postby Revnger » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:08 pm

Several factors with 3.0

1 is we get a half bubble for an "oh shit" button, and adding health works directly in had with this, as more health, with 65%ish base mitigation below 35%, and we're tough to kill.

2. is we lose defense, making the Defense of the Insignia even more vital.

The benefit on the other side is you can look at it having two oh shit buttons, but still, for me, it's Insignia.
Revnger

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice