Zamach's WoTLK Gear List

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby Conaan! » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:38 pm

Frickit wrote:
Zoltar wrote:Was curious to know why Bolstered Legplates are ranked higher than
Legplates of Inescapable Death.

I have both.

I have both and Im using bolstered. Dont have accesst to links atm but iirc the bolstered are just better in terms of avoidance.

youd be doing alot better with the inescapable death leggings, the tiny avoidance you gain from bolstered isnt enough to shove off that large of a block % and block value, plus an extra socket
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Frickit » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:09 pm

wtb an update...I really really like having a list like this with links and locations. Some items on this list need location updates including what can be obtained with emblems. I also noticed a pair of legs that come from Malygos 25 that are not on the list. Are there other pieces missing? Thanks for being a help while gearing. :D
Frickit

Postby bub64882 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:53 am

Unsmashable Heavy Band - Ingvar the Plunderer, Heroic Utgarde Keep
Breastplate of the Solemn Council - Revered w/ Wyrmrest Accord
Last edited by bub64882 on Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bub64882

Postby Fedaykin98 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:04 pm

Frickit wrote:wtb an update...I really really like having a list like this with links and locations. Some items on this list need location updates including what can be obtained with emblems. I also noticed a pair of legs that come from Malygos 25 that are not on the list. Are there other pieces missing? Thanks for being a help while gearing. :D

I don't think Zamach has been around since before this was stickied. There are a lot of items whose locations need to be updated.
Fedaykin98

Postby nazradin » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:31 am

Alrinea wrote:3.0.8 will greatly buff Tempered Titansteel Helm (Meta + Blue socket with 8 def as bonus added, other stats unchanged). should push him up quite a bit in the list ;)

Where is this posted? carn't find it in any of the test server patch notes.

I ask because I am at the point of either crafting this or pushing the last 20 points I need in eng for the tanking goggles, a meta would push it above the goggles for me in my current quest for a better HP base.
nazradin

Postby Frickit » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:48 am

nazradin wrote:
Alrinea wrote:3.0.8 will greatly buff Tempered Titansteel Helm (Meta + Blue socket with 8 def as bonus added, other stats unchanged). should push him up quite a bit in the list ;)

Where is this posted? carn't find it in any of the test server patch notes.

I ask because I am at the point of either crafting this or pushing the last 20 points I need in eng for the tanking goggles, a meta would push it above the goggles for me in my current quest for a better HP base.

Seems like the goggles just suck as far as epic helms go.. I have heard from several people that titansteel will be getting the sockets. Personally Im holding out for one of the cooler lookin helms from Gluth or Saph 8)
Frickit

Postby Barathorn » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:49 am

I am removing this as a sticky as it isn't currently updated, I will be linking it to the guide but as an incomplete version.

Barathorn.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Discus » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:34 am

For me this was easily the best level 80 gear guide on this site. Best in slot etc are only useful when you are at top of the game, no other guide ranks all the level 80 blues/epics as this does.

Will it be restored to sticky?
Discus

Postby Aeran » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:24 am

Aleyona's guide does what you want and its more current though. his list includes lower level items as well
Aeran

Postby Barathorn » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:40 am

Discus wrote:For me this was easily the best level 80 gear guide on this site. Best in slot etc are only useful when you are at top of the game, no other guide ranks all the level 80 blues/epics as this does.

Will it be restored to sticky?

No but it will be linked into the consolidated sticky as soon as I get a browser that is usable at home, even though it is incomplete. I haven't spoken to Zamach for a long time and don't even know if they still play in honesty so the likelyhood of it being updated I would suggest is slim.

The problem I have [beyond the browser issue] is that guides that are not maintained or current really don't get priority in the guide. I made that decision early on and PM'ed the respective authors about if they planned to update their guides or if they were going to leave them as is as a reference for TBC only. Those that replied are in the guide, those that didn't I had to remove from sticky status and put in the TBC reference guide as the whole point of the consolidated guides was to remove the huge amounts of stickies we had in this forum.

I agree we haven't covered the ground between Eanins/Petrus's guide and the Best in Slot Guides, this is something else that is on the to do list.

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Petrus » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:59 am

Barathorn wrote:I agree we haven't covered the ground between Eanins/Petrus's guide and the Best in Slot Guides, this is something else that is on the to do list.

Don't forget Digren - the enchanting/gemming post wouldn't be complete without him!

Also, if you all want, I can re-create this list in a nice pretty format and everything and re-post it. I can even try to do the "ranking" like Lieris did on the BC one.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Anubisknight » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:24 am

Barathorn wrote:I agree we haven't covered the ground between Eanins/Petrus's guide and the Best in Slot Guides, this is something else that is on the to do list.

Barathorn

The "Best in Slot" post cannot be called a guide, its just a list.
Anubisknight

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:46 pm

Are people just looking for a list of what gear is there?

http://www.lootrank.com/wr.asp?Cla=2&Ma ... &k4=0&k5=0

Isn't a bad resource, and is considerably easier than recreating the wheel ...
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:01 am

Petrus wrote:

Don't forget Digren - the enchanting/gemming post wouldn't be complete without him!

Also, if you all want, I can re-create this list in a nice pretty format and everything and re-post it. I can even try to do the "ranking" like Lieris did on the BC one.

I meant your 540 guide Petrus :wink:

If you could have a look at recreating the list in an up to date format that would definately help.

Something that spans the basics to the best in slot is definately needed.

Barathorn.

Barathorn

Postby Barathorn » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:20 am

Anubisknight wrote:

Barathorn

The "Best in Slot" post cannot be called a guide, its just a list.

A list which people can aim towards, surely therefore a guide? :wink: Either way they are in the consolidated guide to show the top level of gear currently available.

Barathorn

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice