Threat in patch 3.0

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Threat in patch 3.0

Postby Overkill » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:14 pm

Does anybody know how spells like consecration, exorcism, and judgements are going to scale in 3.0? Is it based off of AP + SP, or is SP entirely useless because it is calculated using the higher of the two values? What good is Touched by the Light if we are using attack power instead?

Oh, and does the Judgement speed reduction effect work on raid bosses, or is it a wasted talent for raiding?
Thegreatiam, Hyjal
Overkill

Postby inthedrops » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:28 am

Search the WotlK forums, it applies to 3.0 too.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Ryu » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:39 am

Should post this elsewhere, this is the gear forum.
Ryu

Postby Overkill » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:46 am

Ryu wrote:Should post this elsewhere, this is the gear forum.

Lore wrote:This forum is to be used for post-70 (expansion-only) content only. If your discussion is centered around mechanics, talents, abilities, or other content that will be made available in the upcoming 3.0 patch, and will be accessible before the actual Wrath of the Lich King expansion release, please post in the respective non-WotLK forum.

Please read the announcement here for more details: http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... hp?t=14372

I felt it would be better to post in the gear forums since threat is gear-related. The talent issue with Touched by the Light ties into the gear question since spell power won't be used for tanking, and the Jugdement question I asked because I happened to think of it while posting and figured I'd kill two birds with one stone.

I don't think I should really have to explain why I posted where I posted, if the mods feel this is the wrong section they're free to move it to where they think it should be. Please answer the question or don't post.

inthedrops wrote:Search the WotlK forums, it applies to 3.0 too.

I figured that the info wouldn't be in there since the sticky says that anything related to 3.0 shouldn't be posted there, but I checked anyway and didn't see anything. I'll dig around later but until then, an answer to the question would be nice.
Thegreatiam, Hyjal
Overkill

Postby Kurgen » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:52 am

Image Image
Kurgen

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice