Remove Advertisements

Shield Enchant question

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Shield Enchant question

Postby Trammel » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:47 pm

Fresh 70 so yes I am working on my SSO rep for the shields. My immediate question is about what I currently have. I am using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=25828 mostly with a felsteel spike. I also have http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31491 and am not sure what enchant I want on it. I swap this shield out for bosses but keep the Lichen equipped for the trash. While I understand that crushing blows are going away shortly. I am still leaning towards the +15 shield block value. My thought process is this shield will most likely remain a AoE shield in 5 mans.

Suggestions?

Thanks
Trammel

Postby Shoju » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:06 pm

I prefer stamina 95% of the time.
Shoju

Postby Jobalq » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:19 pm

I use the PLG with a shield spike while soloing/questing. This shield is also dangerous when you have to use CC(ugh..) since it may apply a dot to a mob that is CCed.

I recommend you to enchant your Tanking Shield (Netherwing) with stamina and use it all the way in an instance.

Just got both shields from SSO and enchanted them with stamina.
"Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword". - Joanadark.
Jobalq

Postby econ21 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:23 am

Most places say enchant stamina, but if you are a new 70 looking for uncrushability, block rating gives you a very handy 2% towards uncrushability.

I have got all badge gear I need plus Kara stuff, but still find I need that 2%.

Stamina is quite easy to stack from gemming the better gear you acquire. But uncrushability (and avoidance in general) is less efficiently obtained from gemming and so enchants are a good place to look for it, if you are not getting enough from you basic gear stats.
econ21

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice