Remove Advertisements

Sabatons of the Righeous Defender vs Jungle Stompers

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Sabatons of the Righeous Defender vs Jungle Stompers

Postby Fenira » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:14 pm

Jungle Stompers I have these boots, I have a total of 415 Spell Power With Them On. 107.20'sh Avoidance :o
But.... with my Sabatons of the Righeous Defender I gots 444 Spell Power and 104.20'sh Avoidance >_< I'm having a hard time deciding what I want...

Though, I like the more block rating with Jungle Stompers ugh decisions
Fenira

102.4 is it

Postby Kurgen » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:19 pm

once you are over 102.4% start throwing out block rating for whatever stat you need next, wether it be stam, dodge, armor or Spell dmg. In this case, go with more spell damage unless there is a huge EH decrease.
Image Image
Kurgen

Postby steadypal » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:38 pm

sabatons look pretty good for the xpac, WTB hit rating PST :P
steadypal

Postby Valrath » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:15 am

Agree with the other post. Anything over 102.4 is basically wasted. So go with whatever raises your other stats.

Try to keep some side gear just in case you get a different upgrade that may lower you below 102.4% and you may need to put something else on for the mean time.
Valrath

Re: 102.4 is it

Postby maurok » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:20 am

Kurgen wrote:once you are over 102.4% start throwing out block rating for whatever stat you need next, wether it be stam, dodge, armor or Spell dmg. In this case, go with more spell damage unless there is a huge EH decrease.

I often read this "once you are over 102.4% start throwing out block rating", but then, isn´t blocking one of sources of threat with holy shield? wouldn´t be better to have more shield block?

sorry if the question is dumb, I´m really new to WoW and even newer to the tanking world =]
maurok

Postby majiben » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:35 am

Blocks causing threat is incidental. Never seek you be hit more or be upset that you are being hit less. Those ideas are from the days when everyone was new to the idea of paladins tanking and were ignorant of the truth. Sadly those view points are still promoted by people ingame despite the work done here on this site. If you want threat get spell damage until you have T6 gear, then you can get a little expertise but still mostly spelldamage.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Valrath » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:47 am

The reason they said throw out block rating once your at 102.4% is because it no longer helps you in any way. Heres the reason

Imagine the attack table like a slider that goes left to right.
The edge of it (far right) is marked 102.4%
As you raise ur Block Rating you push it closer and closer to the Edge (far right, 102.4%). Once you go over 102.4% your throwing the extra block rating over the edge, gone.. no longer being used.

So if your avoidence is 120.4%
Anything over 102.4% (IE: 18.0%) is being wasted and all 18% is block rating. Since it's the first thing thats closest to the edge of the attack table.

I can't remember the order but I do know BR is the avoidence all the way on the right for example and this maybe wrong.

|16% Parry| |22% Dodge| | 10%Miss | | 45%BR | |<--102.4%

If it was excel each % will be the size of whatever you have, as you reach that 102.4 line things start falling off in that order (Which may not be right BUT BR is far on the right).

Hope this helps, sorry for my rambling.
Valrath

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice