Remove Advertisements

Questions about heroics

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Questions about heroics

Postby Ariosto » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:36 am

Simple questions, simple answers

1. To start tanking heroics my Defense should be at least 490 which is uncrittable, right?

2. I needn't worry too much about avoidance until I try to tank Kara at which point I'll need 102.4% for uncrushable, right?

3. To start tanking heroics my health should be .... (fill in the blank).

4. To start tanking heroics my SD should be .... (fill in the blank).

I know, I'm still learning. This is the first toon I've ever gotten this high and I'm experiencing all new content here.
Your boots made be made for walking . . .
but mine are in case I need to kick your ass.
Ariosto

Postby maulall » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:06 am

I'll take a stab at answering your questions:

1: Heroics only take 485 defense to be uncrittable, the mobs are level 72 not 73. Kara and up you need 490

2: Yes 102.4 total for raids in combined miss dodge parry and block. Not critical for heroics the mobs can't crush, but you don't want to be too short on avoidance.

3: Depends a little on your group. Good healer will maybe offset a little lack of health, but I imagine around maybe 10k or so will work for the easier heroics, not too sure about this though.

4: The old rule of thumb was about 200SD, but if you are grouped with badge/raid geared dps they will probably (definitely?) need to throttle back some on the damage. As long as they do you should be fine with 200 SD.
maulall

Postby Ariosto » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:15 am

Thanks :). Fortunately all that is doable for me. At 67 I'm already running 440 defense and I still need to regem a few things from my stint as Ret.

SD souldn't be a problem either because once I hit 70 I'll be able to equip my PvP mace with 225SD. w00t.
Your boots made be made for walking . . .
but mine are in case I need to kick your ass.
Ariosto

Postby Fapman » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:17 am

1. 485 def will do, since mobs are only lvl 72

2. yes, but as a starting kara offtank you can get away being crushable, i'd say up untill before opera. (moroes adds are 70+, midnight hits like a girl)

3. 12k buffed will get you through most heroics (provided a decent group ofc). I myself tanked hc mgt @ 12k hp (with cc ofc).

4. bout 200 to start, but given the ridiculously good badge/pvp gear I would aim at 300-350 (for pugs, guildies should know when to hold back)
Fapman

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice