Understanding Gear in WotLK (Now with Spreadsheet!) and SW

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Understanding Gear in WotLK (Now with Spreadsheet!) and SW

Postby honorshammer » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:45 am

When I hit the Beta server all my gear was changed. I wasn't sure what to wear anymore. Since I wanted to use the Beta to help me prepare for 3.0 where I might possibly still be raiding I went about making a spreadsheet to compare the items as they were reitemized.

Here is the full spreadsheet, formulas included.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... KY-8OzuQRQ

This assumes you are not hit capped and will have Touched By the Light, and the new Redoubt.

I used Epic gems from Badges. You will see in parenthese next to each item what gem was used (sta = stamina).

The ranking was based on a series of formulas that looks at how the item budget contributes to Mitigation (Armor, Defense, Block Rating, Parry, Dodge, Block Value, Expertise, Str), and Threat (Stamina, Str, Hit, Spl Power, Block Value).

Then I take both the Mitigation Score and the Threat score and combine them to the overall score which is called "Add Threat". They are ordered highest score ('best' item) at the top with the other options below it.

It's far from a comprehensive list and has a strong bias towards "Things Honorshammer had in his bags".

I am sharing the spreadsheet here. I'd love to get as much feedback as possible.
Last edited by honorshammer on Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
honorshammer

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice