Stats assistance

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Stats assistance

Postby azragarn » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:37 pm

Hi All

Please refer to my armoury link http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dath%27Remar&n=Azpali

While I seem to be able to take a hell of a lot of damage and can either block it or dodge it I am finding it hard on threat generation and was wondering what I should look at changing. I know I have a few blues left :(. My guild I starting on TK and SSC.

I am JC 375 so have access to most gems.

Any assistance would be appreciated
azragarn

Postby Levantine » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:54 pm

Your gems are almost universally terrible. That doesn't really have anything to do with your threat generation though, since it's better to gem for EH and the like since it's an inefficient way to get Spelldamage.

Grind out the S2 PvP Gavel or whore MgT for the Cudgel of Consecration. That one upgrade is like, 100 spelldamage if I remember right.

Edit: OH MY GOD FIX YOUR SPEC
Levantine

Postby azragarn » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:02 pm

are my gems that bad .... what have i done wrong?

It was suggest by another palli tank i know to stack block and str, is this wrong?

What is wrong with my spec the one i am using came from here ... note i dont pvp at all (4 times on this toon total)
azragarn

Re: Stats assistance

Postby Meliaa » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:03 pm

azragarn wrote:Hi All

Please refer to my armoury link http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dath%27Remar&n=Azpali

While I seem to be able to take a hell of a lot of damage and can either block it or dodge it I am finding it hard on threat generation and was wondering what I should look at changing. I know I have a few blues left :(. My guild I starting on TK and SSC.

I am JC 375 so have access to most gems.

Any assistance would be appreciated

As a prot Paladin do not gem for STR/Crit/INT. Also +hit should be skipped in almost all cases. And as for your spec, the biggest change you need to make is taking 5/5 Combat Expertise, as a tank +10% STA is huge.
Meliaa

Postby Fapman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:57 pm

azragarn wrote:It was suggest by another palli tank i know to stack block and str, is this wrong?

He fails. We don't get anything out of strenth: we use spell damage for threat, and str converts to blockvalue at a rating of 20 to 1 or something.

Could be that he was thinking about WotLK, where our spells are also AP based and 2STR = 1BV, but I wouldn't worry about that yet, since we won't lose the SD component in our spells. By leveling alone you will automatically gear from SD to STR. We will actually be quite powerfull at lower 70s since we get SD from STA as well.
azragarn wrote:are my gems that bad .... what have i done wrong?

Don't gem for strength (see above)
Don't gem for hit, precision is enough (but don't throw away gear because it has hit)

*edit: And yes, GET COMBAT EXPERTISE, it's huge
Don't gem for agiliy, sure you get dodge and armor, but it's really not much. Warriors get extra threat from crit, but since we're not melee, it's of no use for us. Same goes for crit rating.
Don't gem for intellect, 100 extra mana isn't going to help (I believe to have read that full threat rotation = 100mana/sec)
Personally i wouldn't gem for SD either, 4-5 SD is not that much, compared to what you can get from gear.

I would also get the KoT glyph instead of the gladiator one and S2 gavel.
Fapman

Postby azragarn » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:49 am

Thanks for your help done some regeming and redid my spec things are looking better
azragarn

Postby Fapman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:05 am

Things are indeed looking better
Fapman

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice