Remove Advertisements

What can I upgrade for heroics?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

What can I upgrade for heroics?

Postby Freyas » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:08 pm

I've been trying to get my pally ready to tank heroics, and other than some items that haven't been dropping, I've got most all of my slots filled with gear from the pre-raid gearing guide. However, on my first attempt at running heroic ramps the other night, our healer(~1400 healing resto druid) just couldn't keep me up through several of the trash pulls. The druid is a guildmate, and we're typically both on at late hours when a lot of our guildmates are offline, so in general, this druid is the healer I will be running with to help us both get badges.

Armory = http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... e&n=Frejas

1) Should my gear be sufficient for heroics yet? It seemed that I could use more health, but I'm having difficulties figuring out where I could get more health from. I'm planning on getting a clefthide kit for my pants this weekend, and boars speed on my boots, but most of the other pieces that I can get pre-heroics seem to have about the same or less stamina than my current gear.

2)I picked up gauntlets of the righteous last night, but they don't seem to be an upgrade from the gauntlets of the bold until the breastplate or shoulders drop for me for the 2-piece bonus. Which is better for me, or should I pick up a pair of Felsteel gloves instead? If I should keep the gauntlets of the bold, am I likely to keep them long enough to be worth putting good gems in(2 stars of elune, I would guess)?

3)Is Ramparts significantly more difficult than Slave Pens or Mechanar? If I was having a hard time on Ramparts, would it be likely that we would succeed in those heroics, to the point where I could reasonably get some badge gear to help get through others?

The upgrades that I'm currently trying to get from non-heroics, but haven't had any luck with drops are:
Trinket from Shadow Labs
Trinket from Shattered Halls
Cape+Chest from steamvaults, neck from cenarian rep
Shoulders from Botannica
Shield from SSO rep
Freyas

Postby aranil » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:17 pm

Felsteel gloves and helm are a much better choice over the pieces you have there. You might be able to do a few of the eaiser heorics
aranil

Postby Losbullitt » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:49 pm

nice boots.

:D

I've found that SP was easier to tank than Ramparts. However in both instances, the first boss is piece of cake.

Maybe you can get your guild to make you off-tank for Kara to improve upon pieces? I personally wouldn't recommend you tanking heroics in mostly blues unless you're a very talented individual.

Good luck.
Losbullitt

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice