Gear that doesn't exist because loot tables LIE

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby Mex » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:50 am

I've spent most of my time on this pally as holy, so most prot loot has been picked up as offspec gear (guild's never had a "main" pally tank), so I don't really notice how often things have dropped.

There are only a couple of items that have vexxed me so far, spaulders of the righteous being one, and the other being that bloody pocketwatch. After doing Moroes ~50 odd times, I've only seen it drop once ... when I was on my hunter.

I'm not too concerned about loot now. The only item's I'd really like are the pocketwatch, RoS neck, and ring from Tidewalker (although I doubt I'll ever see that boss again).
Mex

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:20 am

I hear Kalecgos has some nice pants.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Dendrah » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:41 am

Dragons don't wear pants....
Dendrah

Postby Fizzgig » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:15 am

They removed Mother's libram from the loot table I'm pretty sure. Also I got my shoulders our first Mother kill but in the few months since then we have gotten 1 Pauldrons of the Forgotten Conqueror to drop. Trip Vanq, Trip Prot, 2 and 1, 1 and 2 etc etc, almost humorous. I'm hoping when we kill Illidan finally this week *crosses fingers* he drops trip Conq for us as payback.
Fizzgig

Postby Drae » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:31 pm

Maiden's gloves I think have only dropped once in all my kara runs (after I got T6 iirc). But jungle stompers off bear boss in ZA are the worst - I ran ZA practically every reset and nothing, eventually I gave in and bought the badge ones. Really wish Naj would drop his ones though (haven't had enough runs to be called unlucky yet).
Drae

Postby Seraphia » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:54 am

For Sera, it's always been about shields. I have run Bot and ShadowLabs so many times I'm exalted thrice over. I have never seen:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28316
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27887

I tried especially hard for the Platinum Shield of the Valorous, simply because it matched rather well with our Dungeon set (before I learned about crushing blows and why I would never wear 90% of our Dungeon set :cry: ). Pretty much day in and out, 2-3 ShadowLabs runs a night. Nothing.

To this day, it's a running gag in my guild. "Hey Sera, wanna run SL!" :evil:

Of course, none of that compares to the bastard that is Gandling and his collection of nothing but Warlock hats. To this very day (almost literally, cleared the place while helping a guildie with her Warlock mount quest just a few days ago) he has dropped NOTHING but Warlock Hats. Pretty much everyone has half a dozen Dreadmist Masks at this point. I would go back and kill him again out of spite, but he would just drop another Dreadmist Mask to mock me from beyond the bloody grave!
-Seraphia <Slap in the Face> : Doomhammer
Seraphia

Postby Mialina » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:48 pm

Gurtogg's spell dmg plate wrist.
I got the other one from him, all the warriors have it too, but the spell dmg one never seems to drop...
Also the legendaries from Illidan, we have been farming him for 4 months now, drop a warglaive or 2 pls ^^
Mialina

Postby fuzzbob » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:14 pm

ZA hates me.
I've run that place so many times I can do it in my sleep. The healy shield off jan'ali doesn't exist, either does the tank shoulders from the 1st chest.
Up untill last saturday I would have said that the champion shoulders off HKM didn't exist, but I got into a pug with a guild that just moved to our server and found out that yes, they are actually on the loot table :D:D:D:D I had my hyjal mace and cloak before I had some decent shoulders :cry:
fuzzbob

Location: knocking on Illidan's door, begging for my shield and helm

Postby Xfighter » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:39 pm

Adamantite Figurine - Did 20+ runs of that instance, and finally got it.

Devil Shark Cape - Same thing as the above, but just my luck, both dropped for me on the same night.

Armani Punisher - Still hasn't dropped after 18 or so runs, yet people said before they started bringing me in, it dropped every 2-3 runs.

Shield off Jan'alai - No tank in my guild has seen it drop

Thats about it, as I haven't really ran other things a lot yet for any of the other things I want.
Xfighter

Postby wawel » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:01 am

wawel wrote:Gruul shiled: 4 months so its like 16 runs. Once i passed it to warr from guild, and i never saw it again.
ZA head: i cleared ZA like 10-15 times and... no drop for me :(

Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:32 am

Got it few days ago :> Loot tables are ok :twisted:
wawel

Postby Shoju » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:13 am

SO I have to take the Devilshark cape off the list of gear that doesn't exist.

Saturday a guildie needed a rep run, and isn't ready for heroics just yet, so we did a FULL clear (never did that before) of the place, and got my cape.

THEN that night we went to Kara, and I got Barbed Choker of Discipline to drop from maiden.

What a strange strange day.
Shoju

Postby Tieran » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:20 pm

Sooo

After 13 kills or so we finally saw a Shadow Moon Insignia drop!!

Iz one happy loladin :D

Edit:

Some of these numbers are quite large :O 40 weeks or boss farming in BT is nearly a year .. your guild has not cleared it and some of SWP yet .. :s
Tieran

Postby StopPokingMe » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:45 pm

Maidens Neck will not drop for me. I know the increase between the CE neck and the Maidens Neck is small, but it's the blue to purple gap that pisses me off.

That "behemoth" never ever drops the damn thing.
Same thing with Netherspite, Mantle of Abrahamis don't exist either.

On the flip side all tanks in my guild that run Kara have their Pocket Watch

On the earlier instances I had to run Steamvaults 20 times to get:

Devilshark Cape
Breastplate of the Righteous
StopPokingMe

Postby Lypianus » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:53 pm

Devilshark cape for me. 16 runs, no luck on any good drops from final boss.

Figurine of the Colossus dropped on my first SH run. I think I used up all the luck I'll ever have with that drop.
Lypianus

Postby Vasilissa » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:29 pm

I'm yet to see boots from the Naj'entus, necklace from Ros and tanking belt for Bloodboil.
Vasilissa

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice