Remove Advertisements

Gear that doesn't exist because loot tables LIE

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby Discus » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:07 am

Laj's shoulders only drop when you are wearing them, so with this in mind I brought an off tank pally wearing them and he dropped them for me first try.

For me at the moment it's Maiden's Neck/Moroes pocket watch - I might try the Laj trick.
Discus

Postby celarena » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:49 am

Discus wrote:Laj's shoulders only drop when you are wearing them, so with this in mind I brought an off tank pally wearing them and he dropped them for me first try.

For me at the moment it's Maiden's Neck/Moroes pocket watch - I might try the Laj trick.

I spammed the party channel with the link to Devilshark Cape on my 4th SV run of the night (around 10th run overall). The boss dropped Devilshark cape and the pally tank chest piece.

In Mech, I was at 74 badges when the tank chest dropped. I've gotten so used to the fire lady not dropping the chest piece that I forgot about the chest until we looted her for my 74th badge. I used the Mech chest on the final boss which got me to 75 badges and bought the badge chest. I just can't get myself to vendor the Mech piece even though I won't ever use it again.
celarena

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:23 am

T6 bracs:
13 vanq vs 5 conq

We have (on average) 6 vanq users in raid, vs 12 conq users

0 paladin pants
3 boomkin pants

fuck you, blizzard.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby daemonym » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:40 pm

now 35 shat halls runs, no trinket. also 10+ mech runs, no jade skull BP. i think it's a sign to finally start to lvl up my lock and just tank fro raids O.o
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby majiben » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:46 pm

On use avoidence trinkets, everyone is a lie. Thank good for my guardain's alchemist stone.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Draeg1 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:46 pm

this is getting ridiculous...

been running Heroic Magister's Terrace daily now for the last 5 weeks...
I have the shard...
I have the Vial...
I have the Crystal even...

but I STILL have never seen the Commendation drop. Ever.

Blizz must have taken it out last patch
Draeg1

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:06 pm

Moroes does not own a Pocket Watch.
Nalorakk does not have Mail shoulders.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:43 pm

I have a policy of not complaining about loot. I'm not sure what gear I'm wearing so I might get laughed at for finally posting in this thread...

But I have had some horrible luck with boots. I've killed Naj in BT at least 32 times and no boots. And Felmyst has had such a low drop rate on Conq that it's pathetic.

Anyway, I need ONE piece of plate in this game (Helm off KJ) besides something to replace these damn badge boots :)
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Uphir » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:29 am

Moroes Pocket Watch!!! I think he hates me because i have killed all his friends and he had to watch them die first... Over 50 runs, now i just grab like 7 people from my guild run in kill him and DE the boots/idol we always get and hearth out... So sad.

You're Pro or you're a noob; That's life. -Athene, Best Paladin in the World
Uphir

Postby Mitsumi » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:08 pm

Tank Ring from Tempest Keep

It´s a Lie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mitsumi

Postby Sabreyn » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:43 am

mirkodeluxe wrote:
Rahl wrote:Belt off BB is a total myth.

same for us..
Also, the Libram off mother doesnt exist.

I got the Mother libram off our first kill and still have yet to be able to use it for lack of excess uncrushability >.<

Incomplete list of things that don't exist:
BB trinket after every other non-me tank got theirs
BB belt
Naj boots
All pally/priest/lock tokens (we get so many mage/druid/rogue tokens that they go to apps)
Akama wrist
Illidan hat
ROS neck
Didn't get Moroes neck until after my first Illidan kill
Never saw Mech chest til after I was max exalted Sha'tar and had the badge chest
TK trash ring
Kaz shield
ZA shield
Hammer of Judgement

One run from exalted Ashtongue and have only seen Gorefiend gloves, Akama boots, Mother libram, and 2 other tanks getting BB trinket =/
Sabreyn

Postby kilon » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:33 am

I swear during his frequent trips inside the walls after Mind Control, Blackheart the Inciter stuffs the adamantite figurine somewhere. It's the only explanation for him never having it on his body when we loot
kilon

Postby Adamas » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:52 am

kilon wrote:I swear during his frequent trips inside the walls after Mind Control, Blackheart the Inciter stuffs the adamantite figurine somewhere. It's the only explanation for him never having it on his body when we loot

Haha, I gave up on that trinket...

As I've given up on m's pocket watch...

Right now, I can't get Commendation to drop!!! 0-18 Heroic MgT runs.

A kind suggestion for my fellow pally tanks... Pick up Jewelcrafting and make yourself a Tortoise trinket, it's simply one of the most amazing trinkets in the game.

Once I get Commendation, I don't ever plan on replacing my tortoise and commendation combo, until of course my naturally geared defense is capped and I can use the crimson serpent trinket to replace my turtle.
Adamas

Postby SmurfZG » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:15 pm

Uphir wrote:Moroes Pocket Watch!!! I think he hates me because i have killed all his friends and he had to watch them die first... Over 50 runs, now i just grab like 7 people from my guild run in kill him and DE the boots/idol we always get and hearth out... So sad.

same for me :< 50+ runs, seen about 3 of them (none within the last 9 months) and they've gone to warriors by poor rolls from my side. Also, every shitty tank in shattrath has one. *cry*
SmurfZG

Postby Tiranknight » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:05 pm

Ok Fresh week, so we shall find out if...

Bulwark of the Amani Empire
Aldori Legacy Defender
Gloves of the Forgotten Conqueror
Tide-Stomper's Greaves
The Seekers Wristguards
Barbed Choker of Discipline
t4 glove token

..exist.

Hopefully one of those turns out to be more than just a myth..
Tiranknight

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice