help replacing stuff - badges & cash

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

help replacing stuff - badges & cash

Postby Malthorn » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:43 am

I'll start out with my armory link

I'm not really planning to replace the current epics I have as these have been gathered in the last two weeks and I think (I might be wrong though) that the blues I currently have are the weakest parts. I have 70 badges now and quite some gold in the bank.

Here's the items that I think I need to replace, any suggestions what I should spend the badges on first are very welcome.

shoulders Blue pvp --> replacing with S2 lamellar shoulders
back Devilshark --> replace with Slikk's ??
waist Sha'tari --> got the gold for Belt of the Guardian
ring 1 Andormu's Tear --> replace with badge ring?
ring 2 Violet ring --> or replace this with badge ring?

I've read all the stickies and read the forum frequently, I'm currently just at a loss what to replace first.

Thanks in advance for the help
Malthorn

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:44 am

Replace Andormu's as soon as you have the uncrushability to do it.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Malthorn » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:52 am

Ulushnar wrote:Replace Andormu's as soon as you have the uncrushability to do it.

good god that was a quick reply :D
Malthorn

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:14 am

Your upgrades look sound and should be done in the order that you feel will benefit you most. You look to have gemmed for a lot of defense. I would suggest looking at that and also getting +2% threat enchant on your gloves.

You may wish to look at chest/legs as the badge items are FAR superior to your Karazhan epics in terms of stamina, armor and dodge.

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Ciandin » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:10 am

Replace the cloak last; the devilshark is still awesome. I also had shitty luck with shoulder drops when I was gearing up, so I grabbed the S2 shoulders during S2 and haven't replaced them since.
Fighting over the internet is like the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.
Ciandin

Postby ydraw » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:45 pm

The kara ring (the exalted version) is really good. Use that and the badge ring, they will last you for a long time or until you can Kill Tidewalker, whichever comes first.

The best immediate upgrades you could get (apart from badge upgrades obviously) are the Tier 4 gloves and shoulders (from Curator and Maulgar) for the 2-piece bonus and some more spell damage.
ydraw

Postby Malthorn » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:04 pm

ydraw wrote:The kara ring (the exalted version) is really good. Use that and the badge ring, they will last you for a long time or until you can Kill Tidewalker, whichever comes first.

The best immediate upgrades you could get (apart from badge upgrades obviously) are the Tier 4 gloves and shoulders (from Curator and Maulgar) for the 2-piece bonus and some more spell damage.

I have the T4 gloves, but as they are the only T4 piece I have the current ones seem to work out better. Today I got met the Belt of the Guardian crafted and finally went through enough BG to get the S2 shoulders.

One final question, is my current gear now good enough to offtank in ZA?
Malthorn

Postby ydraw » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:21 pm

Yes, your gear is good enough to Tank ZA.

The reason I mention the T4 shoulders is because the 2-piece bonus is really worth having. You wouldn't want to replace your Helm with T4 but replacing your shoulders would be very nice.

So if I was you I'd volunteer to tank some Gruul pugs or convince your guild to go there.

If you do go to ZA, there are some nice shoulders that drop from the 1st timed chest also.
ydraw

Postby Malthorn » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:55 am

Btw is there any way to check when you are geared correctly to take on a certain role? I really find it difficult to decide for myself when I'm ready to be offtank or maintank. For instance I've had quite some difficulty accepting the fact that I was ready for heroics and constantly thought I was undergeared while in fact my gear was fine.
Malthorn

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice