Remove Advertisements

Where to go with badge gear from here?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Where to go with badge gear from here?

Postby Celestira » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:54 pm

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Celestira

I'm reaching a point where its hard to upgrade items while staying uncrushable. I recently swapped out Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall with stam for Nightbane's Shield with Block rating so I can equip Belt of the Guardian and still remain uncrushable. (Previously had Sha'tari Vindicator's Waistguard)

I'm using the new setup on all bosses in Kara except Prince and Nightbane due to the higher threat. The old set-up would still be used for those two because of the higher effective health.

Anyways, what I was getting to is that I've been playing around with my next badge purchase and I'm finding it difficult to find an upgrade that won't make me crushable again. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

A quick list of my other gear
Andormu's Tear
Pauldrons of Brute Force
Warchief's Mantle
Justicar Handguards
Celestira

Postby rodos » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:12 pm

[item=33516]Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx[/item] would seem to be a good upgrade from what you have on all fronts (stam, uncrushability, armor)
rodos

Postby ulushnar » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:55 am

If you're worried about uncrushability, then don't wear PVP shoulders.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:13 am

Ulushnar wrote:If you're worried about uncrushability, then don't wear PVP shoulders.

If you can wear them and still scrape uncrushable then they're probably the best option, and they are "for sure" obtainable. ZA timer, Gruul, and Netherspite all drop better, but it could take weeks or months to get them.
rodos

Postby Celestira » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:32 am

Ulushnar wrote:If you're worried about uncrushability, then don't wear PVP shoulders.

Yeah, I'd love to get rid of em too, but I'm having no luck with Netherspite or Grull so my only other options are Pauldrons of Brute Force or
Warchief's Mantle, which would make me trade ~500 armor and either 13 or 18 stam, in addition to the spell damage for only 18 def or parry. Doesn't exactly sound all that appealing.

Thanks rodos, I'll probably get the Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx next and then try to work my way into getting my shield wall back into my regular setup.
Celestira

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice