Remove Advertisements

Socket to me

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Socket to me

Postby Metreon5 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:04 pm

Hello, posted a gear check and I was told my gems are..."shocking" . So apparently I need someone to check me out and lemme know what's wrong. My stam isn't the highest but I am uncrushable and uncrittable. Spell dmg gems are there to aid my threat, which is my main problem atm. Some of the stuff was probably just cheap solutions for a piece I plan to replace, not really sure at this point. Anyway here's armory link, looking forward to help from all you pro's. Thanks.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Metreon
Metreon5

Postby Paine » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:53 pm

I would say your gemming and enchants are "shocking" because by simply moving a few gems and enchants around, you can easily remain uncrushable and gain a LOT more stamina.

For starters, you're almost 5 points past uncrushable, so block ratings fall off, so stop gemming for block rating bonus...or even the +6 block value.

If you re-enchant your chest with +15 def, you can replace your 2 x 8 defense gems with 2x12 stamina. Keep in mind, the +150 does not get bonus from your talent like stamina, so you gain close to 130 hp from that while losing 1 defense. You can lose the +5 def from bracer for +12 stamina.

You can easily tank heroic bot (5 badges!!!) until Spaulders of Righteous drops for some additional 15 spell damage if you hurt for that.

Pure dodge/defense gems are generally frowned upon because you trade 12 stamina for 8 of either...but you've spent a good chunk of change on the reds, so I wouldn't mess with them and wait for ups.
Paine

Postby Metreon5 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:21 pm

Excellent. That's what I needed to know. Thanks alot Paine for the advice, and thanks Barathorn for bringin my gem issues to light.
Metreon5

Postby Barathorn » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:14 am

Metreon5 wrote:Excellent. That's what I needed to know. Thanks alot Paine for the advice, and thanks Barathorn for bringin my gem issues to light.

No worries Metreon, if we can help you make your character better then everyone is happy :)

Your gems were awful :) but we can all learn from each others mistakes! You should have seen mine prior to getting help a year ago with them!
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Metreon5 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:40 pm

Well, I didnt exactly swap out my gems. I did get the Aldor legplates though (WOO!) and popped 2 12 stam in. I also swapped andormu's tear for the scryer exalted ring (forgot the name) and it boosted threat and stam which I needed, without losing uncrushabilty (with holy shield of course). I still have the 4def 6stam in my helm. I'm wondering if swapping those for 2 12 stam will hurt my def though as I'll lose the +4 dodge from socket bonus on top of losing the def. Looking for opinions here.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Metreon

I also took pains advice on swappin chest and wrist chants. At any rate, just curious if you think there's more improvements I can make. Thanks again guys.
Metreon5

Postby roosevelt » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:04 pm

Belt gems and glove enchant. If threat is an issue 2% to threat enchant on gloves is the first thing you should do. Gemming/enchanting for spell damage isn't that great unless the item already has some spell damage. Spell hit is next to worthless.

You will have more threat and stam by using stam gems in the belt and 2% threat enchant on gloves.
roosevelt

Postby Petrus » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:30 pm

Do what these gents have said.

Also, nice thread title, I thought it rather clever.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Nakama » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:52 am

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Nakama

or

http://armorylite.com/Argent+Dawn/Nakama

I need to regem badly, just don't know exactly with what and where. Any assistance would be great! :)

--Jed
Nakama

Postby Petrus » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:15 am

Well, from what I can see, you can't regem because you don't have any gear because you don't seem to exist. I'd recommend rolling a paladin, speccing prot, leveling to 70, then gemming for stam or avoidance where needed for bonuses and the like.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:30 am

roosevelt wrote:Belt gems and glove enchant. If threat is an issue 2% to threat enchant on gloves is the first thing you should do. Gemming/enchanting for spell damage isn't that great unless the item already has some spell damage. Spell hit is next to worthless.

You will have more threat and stam by using stam gems in the belt and 2% threat enchant on gloves.

2% threat to gloves is more effective after being able to sustain 500tps on your target. Up until then, +20sd is a more viable option.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby towelliee » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:49 am

On my Legs of the Aldor I had Stam stacked but later changed it to

+5 def +7 stam
+4 dodge +6 stam

Also I got hit for putting that SAME +12 SD on my belt and I changed that also for +dodge/stam. Also might want to change the spell hit gem too. Just my opinions from advice I was given around here.
towelliee

Postby Metreon5 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:19 pm

Ok ill resocket belt, went on some advice from a druid in guild. He knows druids...just not pallies apparently lol. Also, what about helm? can I swap those for 12 stam or should I leave'em? Thanks again guys.
Metreon5

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice