What gear should I get to get uncrushable from this point?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

What gear should I get to get uncrushable from this point?

Postby Vlad » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:06 am

Hello.

I started out as a pvp retadin for a long time and then decided to switch to pve tankadin,

I've borderline able to MT kara right now. Got the health, got the defense, just don't have the avoidance.

What gear can I run out and get quickly without it taking a big toll on my health. I'd like to start MTing kara so I can start properly progressing

Heres a link my my armory page
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Vladakso
Vlad

Postby ulushnar » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:14 am

Third sticky from the bottom:

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=4844

Getting uncrushable without sacrificing your current health level will require you farm a bunch of badges.

But you shouldn't worry too much about your health, get Uncrushable first. Some of us were farming Kara with 12.5k health unbuffed (or less!) back in the day.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:16 am

Welcome to the forums Vlad, I would suggest you read all of the stickies as they have all the information you need to get ready for raiding and to help you grow into a good tankadin. If you have any further gearing questions please post them in the gear advice sticky and we will do our best to answer them.

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=1049

The above is a great thread, very useful for a tankadin. It shows all of the avoidance values of gear for tanking.

Best of luck!

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby spelltank » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:49 am

From what i can see, you need around 8% more avoid+dodge to get there, so you're gonna lose a good amount of health to hit that, unless you just get huge gear upgrades.

Firstly, look at reenchanting your items. Lose the 150 health and 12 stam on the chest/bracers, and get 15 def / 12 def respectively, since trading stam for def 1:1 is pretty decent. Also, the 15BR shield enchant is great for tanks looking to hit uncrushable: it trades 18 stam for 1.9% block, which is a good portion of the block which you need
Also, look at using an avoidance trinket, either dabri's enigma, pocketwatch, or FotC if you have them, to help you get to 102.4

Remember, for boss tanking, uncrushable is the most important thing, except for the bosses which you completely outgear, like the earlier part of kara.
spelltank

Postby Skwigelf » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:16 am

spelltank wrote:From what i can see, you need around 8% more avoid+dodge to get there, so you're gonna lose a good amount of health to hit that, unless you just get huge gear upgrades.

Firstly, look at reenchanting your items. Lose the 150 health and 12 stam on the chest/bracers, and get 15 def / 12 def respectively, since trading stam for def 1:1 is pretty decent. Also, the 15BR shield enchant is great for tanks looking to hit uncrushable: it trades 18 stam for 1.9% block, which is a good portion of the block which you need
Also, look at using an avoidance trinket, either dabri's enigma, pocketwatch, or FotC if you have them, to help you get to 102.4

Remember, for boss tanking, uncrushable is the most important thing, except for the bosses which you completely outgear, like the earlier part of kara.

Also Dodge or defense rating on the cloak.

Chest: Run Mechanar until you get the Jade Skull Breastplate.

Other than that, yeah badge gear.

Inscribed Legplates of the Aldor should be your first pickup. Then either the SSO Vendor ring or the Shatt Vendor Chestplate of Stoicism.
Skwigelf

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice