Remove Advertisements

Need Help - "to squishy"

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Need Help - "to squishy"

Postby impulze » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:34 am

Well I got some complaints the other night that I’m to hard to heal. So I’m looking for some help. I’m gathering gear as fast as I can. One of my major concerns is how I gemmed my gear, especially since I just put three epic stam gems in my Stoic chest which I don’t know if it was a good idea. I plan on getting these three badge items in this order;

Sabatons of the Righteous Defender
Inscribed Legplates of the Aldor
Ring of the Stalwart Protector

I am open to any help; I know I’m .67% above uncrushable. Is this my problem? I am waiting for my KZ drops to fill in the rest. New gem suggestions?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Distina

Thanks
Imp
Last edited by impulze on Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
impulze

Postby anthony » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:04 pm

well imo theres about three things i can offer you advice on, although not sure im the best to give it. 1) i think you have gemmed for too much stam, and by sacrificing being uncrushable you will feel that you are 'squishy' in raids as you will take crushing blows (your fine for heroics). 2) you should get the 2.4 badge legs first as they give a great amount of avoidence and threat out of your choices. 3) and lastly i would replace your shoulders, they are not really doing anything for you, try and get the ones from botanica, and lastly regem your parry+ gems its the least effective way of boosting avoidence, dodge or defence are about the same highest. hope this helps
Chat-killer at your service.
anthony

Postby Romman » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:17 pm

Your Problem is indeed the uncrushability. Raid bosses from KZ on will hit you with crushing blows if you're not uncrushable, which will be bad in a couple of occasions. I am good at stating the obvious >.>

Anyways, replace some of those gems with +dodge or +defense gems as those are stackable easily. Also, until you got to uncrushability, get another avoidance trinket, such as http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28528 . That said you shouldn't have much problems with uncrush anymore.
And get the Inscribed Legplates of the Aldor first.
Romman

Postby impulze » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:37 pm

I checked out my tankadin im wrong im like .67% above uncrushable. The more i think about it I was in i heroic SL with casters galore, i sure that was the problem. Unless something else is off?

Imp
impulze

Postby anthony » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:42 pm

sorry i didnt check your armory properly but it seems that you are uncrush but i would still replace your shoulders, parry gems and get the pvp mace
Chat-killer at your service.
anthony

Postby Barathorn » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:28 am

I would definately reconsider the order in which you wish to purchase badge items.

Your weak areas are currently Weapon and Cloak. I would suggest a grind for the S2 Gavel from battlegrounds and your 1st purchase badgewise should probably be the 2.4 legs, followed by Slikks Cloak.

Your boots are fine for the moment and both Battlescar Boots and Boots of Elusion offer far more avoidance than the badge boots. Maintain your uncrushability and then then start to plan your upgrades.

Hope that helps.

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby impulze » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:16 am

I cant stand pvp so ive been doing heroic mgt as much as i can for the trinket and the cudgel. Plus plenty of offspec items in there. So im not worried about the weapon. I know the shoulders are not working but laj in bot just doesnt want to be nice, im working on it.

Ok so it looks like the pants are next, followed by the back. Then boots and the ring depending on what my gear looks like by then.

Thanks
imp
impulze

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice