pvp gear

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby Egin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:30 am

Malthorn wrote:kk... got bored with ret in one week. Now back to prot. Got some comments on the topic.

I now have the following pvp gear:

weapon - S2 gavel
shield - S2 shield (stamina shield)
chest - 0.5 pvp gear (the rep pvp gear)
shoulders - 0.5 pvp gear (the rep pvp gear)

With this I remain uncrittable (hey... getting some nice resilience). Currently at 13k health unbuffed and I've ran some heroics with this on. I must say that I've had no problems at all.

My plan is to keep running heroics and replace the chest and shoulders as soon as I get a decent drop or the badges finally add up.

But as far as pvp gear is concerned it should not give you a lot of problems to run most of the heroics with it.

So with this in mind....

Im 59 now, about to ding 60 in OL. I personnally hate pvp but should I pvp now and save some honor points and go for the pvp gear at 70 until better gear drops for me? I love to tank but have been told by many on my server that the gear isnt worth a crap for tanking at all..

Current gear: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... m&n=Adoraa
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Adoraa

TheBaldGuy wrote:CC is when a tankadin runs into a crowd of mobs, lays down consecrate and proceeds to control said crowd of mobs. ;)
<--- LOL!!
Egin

Postby Maswin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:37 am

Malthorn wrote:kk... got bored with ret in one week. Now back to prot. Got some comments on the topic.

weapon - S2 gavel

With this I remain uncrittable (hey... getting some nice resilience). Currently at 13k health unbuffed and I've ran some heroics with this on. I must say that I've had no problems at all.

My plan is to keep running heroics and replace the chest and shoulders as soon as I get a decent drop or the badges finally add up.

But as far as pvp gear is concerned it should not give you a lot of problems to run most of the heroics with it.

Honestly, if you follow Eanin's guide you'll get plenty of gear you can use for a stamnia set whilst remaining uncrittable - I know as I've done it myself recently.

Get the chest from normal mech, its an easy instance and wont take you long - a nice boost of stamina and still giving you tanking stats. Get the SSO pendant too, timewardens leggings which you can put 3x+12 sta gems in and if you have the gold then get the darkmoon card.

Shoulderguards of the bold offer +3sta over of the righteous and have 2 sockets, so there's yet more stamina.

The gear's there for you to get in normal instances or rep grinding.

Once you've got some of that if you're still worried about stamina, there's plenty of consumables you can use to help & make sure you try run groups with a priest.
Maswin

Postby Malthorn » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:10 am

Maswin wrote:
Honestly, if you follow Eanin's guide you'll get plenty of gear you can use for a stamnia set whilst remaining uncrittable - I know as I've done it myself recently.

Get the chest from normal mech, its an easy instance and wont take you long - a nice boost of stamina and still giving you tanking stats. Get the SSO pendant too, timewardens leggings which you can put 3x+12 sta gems in and if you have the gold then get the darkmoon card.

Shoulderguards of the bold offer +3sta over of the righteous and have 2 sockets, so there's yet more stamina.

Once you've got some of that if you're still worried about stamina, there's plenty of consumables you can use to help & make sure you try run groups with a priest.

Even though Eanin's guide is great there is a potential problem: you need to have the luck of your item actually dropping. I'm not a lucky guy as on normal runs nothing has really dropped for me.

Tbh the difference between the 0.5 pvp gear and the Mech normal chest isn't that big.

Also with grinding rep for SSO........ :roll: no way man. I've gotten two characters to exalted now, I'm not gonna go through that again on my pala. I do however enjoy pvp.

As I said. Eanin's guide is great, but that doesn't mean that using some very easy to get pvp gear isn't a great alternative.
Malthorn

Postby Maswin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:44 am

Malthorn wrote:
Maswin wrote:

Even though Eanin's guide is great there is a potential problem: you need to have the luck of your item actually dropping. I'm not a lucky guy as on normal runs nothing has really dropped for me.

Tbh the difference between the 0.5 pvp gear and the Mech normal chest isn't that big.

Also with grinding rep for SSO........ :roll: no way man. I've gotten two characters to exalted now, I'm not gonna go through that again on my pala. I do however enjoy pvp.

As I said. Eanin's guide is great, but that doesn't mean that using some very easy to get pvp gear isn't a great alternative.

You do? as far as im aware the guide contains 90% quest/rep gear, so there's no luck involved only effort (infact i think this was his intention...). You sound like you're progressing fine now so I guess its a moot point. The mech breastplate took me about 10 runs but I got there in the end and got rep too. Its a fast instance so its not much of a grind for such an awesome pre-kara/badge chestpiece. Sure it's an alternative, I wouldn't say great though!

The difference is actually quite big from a tanking point of view, around 4% avoidance, and altho the stamina isn't much different it will help your healer in heroics - it all adds up.

The SSO rep grind is the easiest and best way to get some easy epics and one of the best necklaces pre-25man, I know its a bore but its definitely worth it.

I know which one i prefered, getting easy quest gear so I could start MT/OT'ing kara asap; heroics are fun but kara gets you more badges and more loot in less time and with gear choices laid out for you its effortless.
Maswin

Postby Ciandin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:50 am

weapon - S2 gavel

If you are aldor, grab their rep chest piece; its on par with Jade Skull.

If you're still into pvp, grab the S2 pieces or start an arena team and grind out the S3 pieces (S4 if you can get the rating).

You're losing out on a TON of avoidance stats by going the resilience gear route, but if you're only doing kara or below it shouldn't be a big deal.
Fighting over the internet is like the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.
Ciandin

Postby Malthorn » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:25 am

Maswin wrote:I know which one i prefered, getting easy quest gear so I could start MT/OT'ing kara asap; heroics are fun but kara gets you more badges and more loot in less time and with gear choices laid out for you its effortless.

:D that's the difference between me and most others. I have absolutely no wish to do anything besides heroics. I've had more than my share of kara runs and others on both my hunter and mage.

Ciandin wrote:You're losing out on a TON of avoidance stats by going the resilience gear route, but if you're only doing kara or below it shouldn't be a big deal.

Exactly my reasoning. For people who want to go into kara and beyond I would definitely point them to one of the great guides on this forum.

One of the things about the guides where you can get some great gear through doing quests is that I've done most of the quests twice already and I really don't feel like doing them a third time.

I'm not saying that what I'm doing is the best way to do it, it's just an alternative way to do it and so far no healers have complained.

Ofc if for some strange reason you wanna check my gear...... http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Agamaggan&n=Malthorn
Malthorn

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice