Should I roll for Kaz'rogal's Hardened Heart ?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Should I roll for Kaz'rogal's Hardened Heart ?

Postby superworm » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:46 am

Our guild has 2 defense warriors, 1 arms warrior who constantly acts as an off-tank and myself, a tankadin. My main job is to tank trash mobs in Hyjal and off-tank some BT bosses. My guild is currently 5/5 in Hyjal and 4/9 in BT.

Currently I'm using Amani shield and I'm doing well in my job (thanks to our healers). Anyway, our two defense warriors have both got their Kaz'rogal's Hardened Hearts, so I'm thinking of getting one. And about our arms warrior he also has an Amani shield for his tanking set, so it depends on me whether to roll for this shield.

Generally if I say I need this, I will get this as our guildmates are very friendly. But I'm also thinking of getting an Illidari Rune Shield or Antonidas's Aegis of Rapt Concentration, as it seems the defense rating and hit rating is not that important for a tankadin as I'm already above 490 defense skills and hit rating contributes much less to threat than spell damage.

Any advice will be appreciated.
superworm

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:48 am

You are a tank.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:58 am

Archimonde shield is worth taking only if you are running with a t4 shield still. Illidari Runeshield is worth using only in extremely threat intensive situations.

You are a tank, and Kazrogal shield is a tank shield.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby superworm » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:15 pm

Worldie wrote:Archimonde shield is worth taking only if you are running with a t4 shield still. Illidari Runeshield is worth using only in extremely threat intensive situations.

Thanks for the advice. I will try to get the next drop of Kazrogal shield. Anyway, I read the sticky post before posting this thread and the Archimonde shield rates above hardened heart. Here is the link:

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=2652
superworm

Postby Achtung » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:43 pm

Yeah, I saw that after I read your post and wondered about the reasoning for that myself.
Yae, 80 Paladin, Aman'thul Horde - Retired Feb '09
Achtung

Postby Seloei » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:25 am

The extra armor "puts" the archimonde shield above kaz'rogals but imho it's rather equal to it. It has less stamina, no def stats and just pure threat stats. From time to time, i prefer the amani shield over this, even tho it has insane threat stats and armor.

You're a tank, his not so grab it if you can.
Seloei

Postby submerged » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:29 am

It might not seem like it now, but after a few taunt resists in sunwell I wish I had a bit more melee hit. Don't shy away from the shield just because it has hit on it. Unless you can pick up the Illidan shield (which will probably be a while in your situation) it's definately worth picking up.
submerged

Postby Mortehl » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:44 am

submerged wrote:It might not seem like it now, but after a few taunt resists in sunwell I wish I had a bit more melee hit. Don't shy away from the shield just because it has hit on it. Unless you can pick up the Illidan shield (which will probably be a while in your situation) it's definately worth picking up.

I strongly advise that you consider picking up all the +hit items. If I gained nothing else from the protadins around here who blazed BT before me and who are now in sunwell it was that. There are multiple +hit items. Get them! (Ring from Supremus, legs from Akama, gloves from gorefiend, neck from RoS) in addition to that shield.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Eanin » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:35 am

Having a +hit set is great, especially since it affects Avenger's Shield. When you need to pick things up by either taunting or AS, +hit is the way to go.

Mine:
Aldori Legacy Defender
Pepe's Cloak of Pacification
Tankatronic Goggles

Those three items cut my misses in half. I wish I had more :).
Eanin

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:46 am

superworm wrote:
Worldie wrote:Archimonde shield is worth taking only if you are running with a t4 shield still. Illidari Runeshield is worth using only in extremely threat intensive situations.

Thanks for the advice. I will try to get the next drop of Kazrogal shield. Anyway, I read the sticky post before posting this thread and the Archimonde shield rates above hardened heart. Here is the link:

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=2652

The reason is actually the armor which is the best mitigation stat.

However, Archimonde shield heavily lacks stamina and defensive stats, thus it's hard to use it effectively.
There are multiple situations in which Archi shield would be better, mainly in Sunwell and on Illidan/Shahraz, where the mitigation from armor is > some avoidance/HP.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:51 am

Aren't you all missing the most important part? It looks way cooler than both the Illidari Runeshield AND Archimonde Shield.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:58 am

Indeed pulsing shield >>>

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Holyfuri » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:13 am

I recently got Kaz's shield. Honestly I wanted for the stats, I had never noticed until I actually equipped it that it beats. That is freaking awesome!!
Holyfuri

Postby superworm » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:40 am

moduspwnens wrote:Aren't you all missing the most important part? It looks way cooler than both the Illidari Runeshield AND Archimonde Shield.

Well imo it looks a bit... evil. Anyway I got Tempest of Chaos last cd and they may suits well...
superworm

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:57 am

I actually didn't bother picking this shield up until after I'd gotten the Illidari Runeshield (which I used for four months) and the Illidan shield. It's been going for offspec for months.

Then we started SWP, and everyone was talking about taunt this and taunt that ... so it dropped last week and I picked it up and put a +hit gem in it, and macroed it into my RD macro.

I have yet to really use it much.

Also, it looks like a vajayjay.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice