Remove Advertisements

Next upgrade: I require advice please.

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Next upgrade: I require advice please.

Postby Vs » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:39 pm

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... rasza&n=Vs

1. Ignore my libram, I was tanking heroics today. :)

I am wondering which I should upgrade next between

Leggins of the Aldor or Ring of the Stalwart Defender.

We are currently only working on KZ and ZA content. Thanks for you time.
Vs

Postby ulushnar » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:50 pm

Wow, if only we had a thread for gear checks and advice!

Oh wait:

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... start=1860
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Vs » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:54 pm

Ulushnar wrote:Wow, if only we had a thread for gear checks and advice!

Oh wait:

Removed by myself.
Last edited by Vs on Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vs

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:03 am

Vs wrote:

Oh wait:

I thought this website was for the paladin community not fucking trolls like you. Don't post if your going to be a prick.

I'm not a troll and I do what I can to help people out. But as with any community, you can be helpful by following the rules.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Bobness » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:11 am

Ulushnar wrote:
Vs wrote:

Oh wait:

I thought this website was for the paladin community not fucking trolls like you. Don't post if your going to be a prick.

I'm not a troll and I do what I can to help people out. But as with any community, you can be helpful by following the rules.

Ulushnar can sometimes be a little short/tetchy b4 his first coffee, but seriously your response was totally uncalled for.
Bobness

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:38 am

Please repost your question in the gear check thread Vs. We are currently really experiancing high levels of traffic with people needing advice etc, as such reading the forum stickies and posting things in the right place really helps.

Its also not a good idea to insult people even if they are being sarcastic, especially when that person is one of the most helpful people here.

*passes coffee to Ulushnar*

Ok, move along people. Repost it please Vs and we will have a look.

Barathorn.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Vs » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:43 am

I definitely apologize for my response then. I use these forums as a safe haven from the scum of the wow forums and I have never asked for 'gear check' advise as of yet. Accept my apology for swearing.

I was unaware that there was a thread for such things. I just assumed, in the gear forum would be the place to ask a gear question.

thanks for clarifying.
Vs

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:02 am

No worries, if everyone posts in the right place, it means none of us have to constantly repost please post that here etc. If you get a chance have a read of all the sticky threads, there is some awesome information that would answer most peoples questions in them.

You will grow to like Ulushnars humour and sarcasm, its part of this place.

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Vs » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:13 am

You guys rock. I will admit to being testy this morning myself due to some paladin in EoTs who was telling me that my 40/21 was pure shit and that his 5/5 reckoning spec complete with Gladator's Salvation and complete Felsteel set was the way to be.

-_-
Vs

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:17 am

Oh it definately is a haven from the WoW forums. There have been, thusfar, no 30-page rants with people telling Ret Pallies to re-roll or qqing for rogues/druids/warlocks/whatever class is currently owining you in arenas to be nerfed to high-heaven. And we have been mercifully free of level one rogue alts telling us all to give up tanking and to stop rolling on their warrior main's stuff.

Vs wrote:I was unaware that there was a thread for such things. I just assumed, in the gear forum would be the place to ask a gear question.

Almost there. But going into the gear forums, looking at the stickies then hitting the "new topic" button if it's warranted is generally the accepted protocol.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Vs » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:20 am

hahaha ...agreed.
Vs

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:33 am

Feel the love!

Lets go out and consecrate some warlocks!

Barathorn

Barathorn

Postby Lord_Paladin » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:03 am

Just to shout out an answer to you quickly since I just went through this choice.

Don't get the ring. Put that on the backburner for a while. Its a nice bit of stam but doesn't really do you any good. I got more avoidance out of my Protector's Mark of the Redemption.

Get the pants ^_^
Lord_Paladin

no

Postby Mavrix » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:11 am

Lord_Paladin wrote:Just to shout out an answer to you quickly since I just went through this choice.

Don't get the ring. Put that on the backburner for a while. Its a nice bit of stam but doesn't really do you any good. I got more avoidance out of my Protector's Mark of the Redemption.

Get the pants ^_^

You mean you got more "uncrushable" out of your protector's mark.

That definitely does not make protector's mark a better ring. Ring of the Stalwart Protector is definitely one of the top 5 tanking rings in the game (position on the list varies based on the fight at hand, really). The downside of the RotSP is that it does not provide much uncrushability compared to many other rings out there so it can be difficult to work it into your tanking set, depending on the rest of your gear. (Once you're into t6 level gear when you'd really want to be using it, it gets rediculously easy).

Those pants are pretty snazzy, though.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:15 am

Be nicer, imo.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Next

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice