Arianne
Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:17 am
Re: 4.2 Tank Stages and Cataclysm Gear Guide
People are reporting on Wowhead that the hit on Pauldrons of Roaring Flame is an in game tooltip error because they can't reforge the hit to mastery in game.

Sohryu wrote:Kamenev wrote:I believe that [Dreadfire Drape] with 2x [Fractured Amberjewel] is also a candidate for BiS cloak.
- Code: Select all
Dreadfire Drape: 745 armor | 384 stamina | 193 mastery | 63 avoidance (hit reforged)
S10 PvP Cloak: 718 armor | 360 stamina | 160 mastery | 68 avoidance (parry from strength)
Al'akir Cloak: 673 armor | 321 stamina | 143 mastery | 203 avoidance (rating + parry from strength)
Thanks for the guide!
that sounds interesting!
Other opinions on that Back?
Digren Ask Mr Robot
Threat +
MDR ++ +++++
CTC +++++ +++
Sta +++ ++Digren wrote:If stage two is reachable in only two weeks per yappo's model, I'll adjust mine as well. I've always deferred to your planning on that.
djlar wrote:Why is still agility on the list (on page 1)?
Nikachelle wrote:I don't bother fiddling with the weightings because the one time I did, it messed everything up.
For a direct example... I have the heroic Maloriak helm. Which is rated VERY highly in your list. Askmrrobot.com lists ALL the T12 helms, offset or not, as better than the heroic helm I already have.
Digren wrote:Like I've said, if I could find a way to easily provide both MDR and CTC values for all gear, I would. But I won't maintain all of those in bbcode by hand. I'd need a way to export from spreadsheet.
Feitan wrote:is tier 10 cape way superior than mantle of patience? or the last could also be considered close to bis pre heroic raid?
Digren wrote:Sohryu wrote:Kamenev wrote:I believe that [Dreadfire Drape] with 2x [Fractured Amberjewel] is also a candidate for BiS cloak.
- Code: Select all
Dreadfire Drape: 745 armor | 384 stamina | 193 mastery | 63 avoidance (hit reforged)
S10 PvP Cloak: 718 armor | 360 stamina | 160 mastery | 68 avoidance (parry from strength)
Al'akir Cloak: 673 armor | 321 stamina | 143 mastery | 203 avoidance (rating + parry from strength)
Thanks for the guide!
that sounds interesting!
Other opinions on that Back?
Yes indeed. I have the normal version of that cloak just behind (effectively tied with) the heroic Permafrost capes. The heroic version is best in slot by a pretty wide margin.
Blizzard, alas, doesn't fully grasp the effects of itemization on desirability. They want us to avoid agility gear, but then they give us gear like this that drips with mastery, without making an equivalent strength version.
Digren wrote:Argh! Why does Blizzard let us use intellect gear as prot? I don't want to put it on the list!
You are probably correct, it would probably go that high. That said, per Theck's analysis, agility is actually much more useful than intellect for threat. Does WoG scale with intellect at all? If not, it wouldn't be more valuable than agility.