Dael wrote:Thok may be a sort of decent option, perhaps meh at best.
Idk, I see Thok's as a pretty amazing trinket, even with it's nerfs. It plays to Paladin's for every single bonus, especially if/when there will be a shift to EF. DPS increase is just icing on the cake. For a 4P BiS build (see my other post), ~1700 haste, ~1000 mastery, crit healing added to our EF, and a str proc? Yes please! That's about 2700 static rating on a trinket, slightly above 580ilvl budget of other trinkets with static stats by about 200 rating.
Also the CD reduction trinket (vial) is undeniably good as well for obvious reasons, DP being a big one.
The life steal was bugged and might be better when fixed, especially in aoe or high vengeance situations.
I don't personally see a spot for T15 trinkets in a T16 BiS list just to squeeze out some more haste. The T16 trinkets are actually quite good imo, not to mention the unfortunate nerfs as you said to T15 trinkets.
Also, Thok's is 9% in 2/2 h-wf I believe, not 8%.
I'm surprised honestly there hasn't also been consideration given yet to two other trinkets. With a 'thinking outside the box' mentality, I'm fairly confident 2 caster trinkets are strong considerations in our 2nd trinket slot for mitigation builds.
Since I'm a Thok's advocate, why not goes balls out and use the caster amp trinket too (Purified Bindings of Immerseus)? Literally the same thing with an Int proc. Yeah obviously int isn't ideal, but at least it has use with increasing spell crit, which means EF crits and some offensive crits too. That's another ~2800 rating worth of static rating for haste/mastery, with yet another bonus to crit damage/healing. That's a pretty big deal in my books, and consequently gets you right about to haste cap based on that 4P build I posted.
The second option is Black Blood of Y'shaarj. 2520 static haste rating for 580ilvl, so if you want your haste, there you go. It has a feather's style stacking int RPPM proc. With respect to int, see previous paragraph, yes it actually has uses.
Just some thoughts...
Edit: Added stuff after the thok 9% line.
