Remove Advertisements

Rogue Proffesions

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Rogue Proffesions

Postby maw1965 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:28 am

What would be the all out best proffesions for sublety rogue for arena pvp and rbg
maw1965

Re: Rogue Proffesions

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:14 pm

Assuming you can stack the wrist slot with an enchant... I'd probably say LW/BS, though Eng does have a number of fun (and sometimes useful) toys.

If they don't stack, I'd say BS/Eng for the versatility and toys.

Please note: using the rocket boost (belt enchant) while carrying a flag (WSG/EotS/TP) WILL cause you to drop the flag.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:46 pm

There really is no ~best~ as in (A) profression is going to beat (B) profession in all situations. Engineering has it uses and probably does beat out the others, but truth be told, there isn't any that will make or break PvP / RBGs to the extent I think you're looking for.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:30 am

Fenrìr wrote:There really is no ~best~ as in (A) profression is going to beat (B) profession in all situations. Engineering has it uses and probably does beat out the others, but truth be told, there isn't any that will make or break PvP / RBGs to the extent I think you're looking for.

While true, things like mining/herbalism/skinning aren't going to have noticeable improvements on PvP.

Tailoring is proc based (the cloak enchant) so unreliable for burst scenarios.

BS/LW/Ench/JC/Insc all give static boosts (though BS/JC allow for more versatility.)

Eng has a number of useful options (that do have drawbacks, like instant-death, that may or may not ever happen.) You get some versatility (armor/damage/haste for gloves, bubble/speed boost for belt, etc.) The biggest downside to Eng is that it doesn't get better throughout the tiers (goggles are still only 359 ilvl and the sockets didn't "level up" as far as I'm aware.) But that's really only a drawback if you consider the goggles a profession perk.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes