Remove Advertisements

[Ret] - I suck at Majordomo

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Ret] - I suck at Majordomo

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:45 am

Hi guyse, I have a wierd request.

In our guild, I'm usually well placed in DPS. Generally in top 6, occasionally even in top 3.

Except on this very specific fight: Majordomo Staghelm. I managed once (and only once) 25k DPS, but since then, my DPS has always been terrible on this fight, while other logs would say Rets are quite good at it. I have troubles even staying over 21k DPS.

As our officer has been pointing out that I'm terrible at this fight, I'm looking for some pointers about what I may be doing wrong... Here are some logs if you want to check (lazy warrior forgot to log our last kill but i was at 22100 or so).
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ofq2baeu79z7ev0w/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1hy7wheipbpur9bz/

I thought it was just due to Parrys in scorpid phase, but other melees don't seemb affected so much by it.

Armory here if you fancy checking.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: [Ret] - I suck at Majordomo

Postby lythac » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:11 am

Worldie wrote:I thought it was just due to Parrys in scorpid phase, but other melees don't seemb affected so much by it.

Are you saying their DPS is not as affected as yours or that they seem to be getting parried less than you? Looking at the logs, it did seem the two warriors had a lower parry % than you.

There was a blue post not too long ago stating they were able to adjust the "front" of a boss and reduce it from the standard 180 degrees. Is it possible the parryable portion of his front is only 90-120, Flame Scythe hits 180?
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby lythac » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:29 am

Just reading a post on SMF on the EU Blizzard forums -

6) Majordomo: Stand behind one of the pincers in order to avoid parries and still get the cleave.
lythac

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:33 am

I got suggested after last raid by the kitties to stand on top of them so I wouldn't get parryes but haven't had the chance to try that out yet.

I'm just not sure of what is causing my DPS to be this low, as the other melee classes stand in front as well but don't seemb to suffer such a high DPS loss as me. (I'm running 25-27k DPS on other bosses, but barely 22k on this specific one).

Also, I right now use all my CDs always in scorpid phase, can this also be what is nerfing my DPS so much (again, due to parryes) ?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mannstein » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:19 am

To be honest i tend to do less dps than you on the rest of the fights, but can keep basicaly the same dps on Major...
I can't see the WoL reports but are you sure that the only issue is the parrys? Are you changing target on the panther phase? Are the rest of the melles? AFIK warrior suffer less for changing target. Our rogues got a dispensation from the kill ads bitch job. :(
I don't know if you are aware, but when i get the seed, i imediatly jump away, and bubble off (it blows so get away from the raid) and get back in time for the first cleave... and use my CDs without having to stop and go away for blowing far from raid.

lythac wrote:Just reading a post on SMF on the EU Blizzard forums -

6) Majordomo: Stand behind one of the pincers in order to avoid parries and still get the cleave.

Despite the fact that this is a good tip, i think i prefer to do less 2k, that to risk the cleave do not hit me :(
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby warden » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:49 am

I'll try to dig into your logs a bit when I get home and see if I spot anything Worldie... Still, I've noticed much of the same thing on mine. Particularly:

- Early on the first scorpid phase, even one parried CS can throw all of our opener timing off. Considering how much of our dps comes from that first burst, (and the impact of a parried CS during zealotry), I've noticed 2-3k swings just from that.

- I actually get my best dps-per-CD phase immediately after his switch to cat (it takes him nearly 30 sec to jump the first time), but am having trouble getting everything to line up there, and still working out of that would cost me a full set of CDs over the course of the fight.

- Swapping to the adds during cat phase costs us a lot of SoT damage, as it barely reaches a full stack by the time they die. I'm wondering if after the 3rd jump a seal swap to SoR might not be better, but it might not be worth the 2 gcds.

Anyway, when get home I'll pull some logs and see what I can see.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:26 am

Mannstein, I also do that with bubble and seed.

So from my understanding so far, my lack of DPS is as I thought due to parry on CS on burst phases, substantially negating a big chunk of my DPS. Sadly we use Heroism on a Scorpid phase so I pretty much have to save my I-win moment (pot - goatk - aw - zea - trinket) for that moment. I guess the only option so far is indeed getting in that position where i get the Cleave but I don't get parried.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby lythac » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:46 am

Patch 4.2 Hotfixes wrote:The melee evasion angle of several creatures has been adjusted. Most notably, melee classes should no longer be seeing abilities, such as Backstab or Shred, getting parried when standing well enough out of Ragnaros’s melee evasion angle, or other bosses/creatures with similar evasion angles.

Majordomo should be one of the other bosses.

Also - "melee evasion angle", I like this term.

Edit - 2000 posts \o/
lythac

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:25 pm

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-r ... 686&e=3156

Went well, 26k and ranked 112 or so :)

Worldie
Global Mod

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes