DW Frost Death Knights

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

DW Frost Death Knights

Postby Kraziness » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:11 am

I am looking for some advice from some expirienced dual wield frost Death Knights. I am trying to go from 2H to DW, and I am not sure if I am buying the whole elitest jerks run down of stat priority. I totally agree with the following Str>yellow hit cap>exp cap>. However at that point I am not sure about it especially after hitting on a target dummy for awhile. I know target dummies are more for rotation practice not really figuring out dps. They say Haste>Mastery>Crit. My problem with that is this. Following thier suggested stat weights I am at well over 70% haste, also I would think that since your runforge Fallen Crusader / Razorice that it would be more like Haste=Mastery>Crit. Anyway anyone a DW Frost DK pro out there, I would love some advice before I just give up and go back to 2handers. I can't link my armory from work, but my DK is Dmonic of Shattered Hand. Thanks!
Dell can go F themsleves in the A
Kraziness

Re: DW Frost Death Knights

Postby Levantine » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:07 am

Are you GCD capped? If yes, you have too much haste, if no, you don't. The EJ guides are sketchy since Consider stopped maintaining them, but they're still somewhat okay.
Levantine

Postby bldavis » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:29 am

i know on my dk i have very few extra gcds, and those that i do have i use horn of winter/rune tap

im still not sure of stat priority though... ill ask our raiding frost dk about it tonight

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Levantine » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:49 am

BRB laughing at the thought. Although checking his armory shows a whole fuckton of haste stacking in his reforges.
Levantine

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:21 am

Stat Priority:
1.) Str
2.) EXP to cap
3.) Hit to cap
4.a) Haste
4.b) Mastery

Haste does beat mastery, and I can't imagine you gaining enough haste that you end up GCD locked.

Haste = faster / more white hits, faster rune regen
Mastery = harder hitting HB, FS, and FF.

Both stats are good, but like I said, if you are GCD locked, I would wager you might be doing something wrong instead of having too much haste.

It feels weird, yes. But you are doin' it right.
Shoju

Postby Donahu » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:26 am

On/Off topic - Could use some help for a frost DK. He's about to make the swap to DW from 2h as well but before that was wondering if anyone would mind helping me cross check some of his general DK play.

What does Empowered Rune Weapon show up as in World of Logs?!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4edit28fhnrnujhu/

Trying to get on this DK to have better CD management but can't find Empower Rune Weapon (don't even know if he's using it atm or not). He's got very low usage of pretty much every CD across the board so was wondering if this one was one of the trouble one's as well.

Thanks for any input >.>.
Donahu

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:10 am

Dear lord I forgot how fun my DW Frost DK was. Other than some minor differences in reforging, are there any playstyle differences between 2h and DW? Should I be prioritizing different spells?

Here is pretty much what I do for DW:

FF (usually not an issue with HB glyph)
BP
HB w/proc
Ob
FS
HB w/out proc

Stat priorities are Str > Hit to 8% > Exp to ~26 (I don't gem for it) > Haste > Mastery > Crit

Armory: Clopin link in sig (yes I know I'm wearing a "tank" neck/cloak, but they were better than the 346 blues I had.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:14 pm

How is 2h'd Frost working for you Skye?
Shoju

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:07 pm

I haven't really played it much as I haven't been playing much outside of raiding on my main XD.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Aoaga » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:31 pm

Frostie DK Dual Wield is so fun...Unholy Aura = Soupha Fast GCD....I love it, makes playing Blood feel like im standing in my own...Desecration...lol
Aoaga

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes