[Shaman] Resto healing questions....

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Shaman] Resto healing questions....

Postby cerwillis » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:55 pm

I don't heal on druid, so I can't speak to the NT comparison, but GHW hasted with RT/TW is my go-to spell for tank healing. So my general use is GHW on tanks, HW on DPS and HS if you need a quick heal, but TW isn't up for a hasted GHW. The result is that I rarely use HS because I abuse RT on CD.
Edit: Don't forget that Chain Heal interacts as well with RT and TW. Also changed TF (Tidal Focus) to TW (Tidal Waves).
Last edited by cerwillis on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:59 pm

Cogglamp wrote:Cleanse Spirit is nice too as it proc's a small heal (if talented -- although the heal portion is now on a cooldown thanks to shaman healers destroying Arena single handedly).

Grand, I think I might abuse a guild tank tonight.

If talented CS's heal is now on cooldown, is it worth spending those 2 talents in that slot for 5 mans, or would it be better to spend those points elsewhere?

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Cogglamp » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:05 pm

I think it's worth it for the mana reduction. You're trading 2 pts for a small heal (with a small cooldown) and 40% mana reduction (Improved Cleanse Spirit) or 2% crit (Acuity). I always like saving my mana but in a way, the crit helps with mana management as well via Ancestral Awakening and an easier time of keeping up the 10% melee reduction buff.

And I just realized that I didn't answer your question . . .

Edit: For 5s, it doesn't really matter. There aren't many "ZOMG, cleanse me and heal me at the same time" debuffs. I tend to run with Improved CS because I don't care for crit.
Cogglamp

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes