Remove Advertisements

[Shadow Priest] Guide/Rotation

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Shadow Priest] Guide/Rotation

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:01 pm

Did you change realms? Cause the only character I'm seeing with your spelling is a gnome priest on Ravencrest.

Edit: Assuming that is your priest... I don't see anything wrong with your spec. I'd probably grab SW:D instead of Dispersion for a Prime though, unless you just REALLY have issues with mana, but between Dark Archangel and t12 2pc Shadowfiend, you shouldn't be having issues outside of spammed AoE. You also appear to be missing head/shoulder enchants.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:28 am

I only yesterday changed realm! :)

I don't know, I'm trying to follow what shadowpriest.com says but my DPS won't go any higher. Can it just be the 359 healing weapon?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:09 am

Your weapon is probably holding you down
Second trinket is shit for DPS. Too much of the item budget is taken up by the potion boost
Spec's fine, no issue there

I dunno. Shadow and Affliction are both tricky to play. I'm horrible at both, always have been and always will be, something about it just doesn't click. Having said that though I was doing 20k in 359 gear, so I'm not sure what your problem is. :/
Levantine

Postby Worldie » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:45 am

Uhm a decent alternative to the 2nd trinket maybe? Volcano seembs a bit too much costy still...

edit: screw it, i found DMC:V at 1500g, suppose it's a bargain.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:36 pm

Well there were blue trinkets that were better than the stone, so yeah. Volcano is a good buy though, it's horrendously overbudget, I believe it was BiS until like, heroic firelands trinkets.
Levantine

Postby Worldie » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:42 am

Sounds good, I made it to 23k dps now, it's improving.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:06 pm

It's probably just a practice issue. Dot based specs require (at least in my opinion) more finesse than most of the other specs do. Knowing when to do what just takes time and a feel for the spec and fight.
Levantine

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:12 pm

Levantine wrote:Well there were blue trinkets that were better than the stone, so yeah. Volcano is a good buy though, it's horrendously overbudget, I believe it was BiS until like, heroic firelands trinkets.

I'm still using DMC:V, if that tells you anything. Variable Pulse Lightning Generator (the one from Rags) is the only possible upgrade for me from FL. It does look like there are some pretty decent ones from DS (I don't remember if the LFR versions are better than DMC:V, but the normal/heroic versions should definitely win out.)
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:19 am

Levantine wrote:It's probably just a practice issue. Dot based specs require (at least in my opinion) more finesse than most of the other specs do. Knowing when to do what just takes time and a feel for the spec and fight.

Well putting a huge warning in the middle of the screen anytime DP and VT are low (< 5 sec) kind of improved my dot uptime.

Also, after a read to sp.com, they say to use Mind Blast on cd (even without orbs) and refresh dots even if I don't have ES. However higher progressed sp friends tell me to never use MB without orbs and don't refresh a dot if I don't have ES.

...Confused? :?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:39 am

Hard numbers vs. anecdotal evidence from a friend. I know what I'd believe. Silly Worldie, you should know that.
Levantine

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:03 am

I believe to what made me deal 3k more dps :P (as in, sp.com pointers)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:55 am

Believe TC, unless you have the skill to MAKE new theorycraft, always believe it. Then when you start rofling all over your friends when they chose their own anecdotes and you went with hard numbers they'll be all like "Shit. Well at least I ain't no no lifing nerd you loser" and you'll be all like "Bitch, I took two seconds to look up exactly how to be better than you, baddie."
Levantine

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:25 pm

I very rarely don't have at least 1 orb by the time MB is back up, so I generally don't have to worry about it (besides you can fit 2 MB into one ES uptime, so keeping the right priorities you shouldn't have a problem getting 1 orb.)

So... is anyone else getting the following message when they visit shadowpriest.com?

shadowpriest.com contains malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Aanar » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:47 am

Skye1013 wrote:So... is anyone else getting the following message when they visit shadowpriest.com?

Usually when I start getting any errors like that it means my computer is already infected and it's time to do the old system restore from a previous date.
Aanar

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:15 pm

So far, that's the only site I've seen do that.

Edit: Ran a system scan, and nothing was picked up, so could just get chrome warning me about something they've seen (looked at their diagnosis, and it's probably some ads or bots with bad links.)
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes