[Priest] Disc Discussion

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Priest] Disc Discussion

Postby thatguy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:16 pm

Nikachelle wrote:I use Inner Will for heroics and Inner Focus for raids.

I hope you use Inner Focus all the time. :P

Seriously though, Inner Will on heroics? What's your reasoning other than probably being bored and trying to run around in circles quicker? Due to moths being attracted to the flame and you needing to spam PW: Shield?

That last part is the crux of my friend's argument. He's a bit of a shield spammer and even though I've tried to argue that shield botting shouldn't be done unless he has 4 boomkins feeding him innervates, he does it anyway. I try to counter it with "well, your penance,GHeals, etc will all hit harder with Inner Fire, proc'ing larger Divine Aegis which effectively reduces the need for shielding anyways.
thatguy

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:21 pm

thatguy wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I use Inner Will for heroics and Inner Focus for raids.

I hope you use Inner Focus all the time. :P

Seriously though, Inner Will on heroics? What's your reasoning other than probably being bored and trying to run around in circles quicker? Due to moths being attracted to the flame and you needing to spam PW: Shield?

That last part is the crux of my friend's argument. He's a bit of a shield spammer and even though I've tried to argue that shield botting shouldn't be done unless he has 4 boomkins feeding him innervates, he does it anyway. I try to counter it with "well, your penance,GHeals, etc will all hit harder with Inner Fire, proc'ing larger Divine Aegis which effectively reduces the need for shielding anyways.

Usually people are chain pulling (and I need to catch up) and occasionally I get bored. Often a tank won't need more than a PoM and a shield from one pack to the other. I guess you could argue that the spell power would do more if I'm only using those spells. *shrugs*
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:39 am

Only time I've used Inner Will is immediately following a wipe to get back quicker for buffs/drinking/etc. If all you're using is PW:S/PoM (or the off chance you're using Renew), then maybe I could see using it, but Inner Will just seems to be more of a PvP/Farming thing to me. I don't even use it when I'm shadow, since it only really affects SW:P, SW:D and DP. SW:P shouldn't be getting hard cast after the initial application, SW:D returns mana (you spec'd into Masochism, right?) and DP is single target, with a fairly long timer.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:10 am

BT even lasts long enough to cast penance, then PoM (for the faster GCD), then heal/greater heal :)
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes