Remove Advertisements

DK DW and TG Warriors

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: DK DW and TG Warriors

Postby bldavis » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:14 pm

the only reason you would want to white-hitcap on a fury warrior is b/c your rage production is tied to getting white hits
for DW DKs that isnt a problem
your runes arent dependent on white hits to refresh

most of the guides i have seen say 8% is good enough for dks, and more is better for fury
but then again that is part of the reason i am arms right now, im too lazy to worry about hit capping for dw

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby fafhrd » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:22 pm

bldavis wrote:the only reason you would want to white-hitcap on a fury warrior is b/c your rage production is tied to getting white hits
for DW DKs that isnt a problem
your runes arent dependent on white hits to refresh

most of the guides i have seen say 8% is good enough for dks, and more is better for fury
but then again that is part of the reason i am arms right now, im too lazy to worry about hit capping for dw

Top fury warriors in the world are running around with 6-8% hit from gear (and 3% from spec) :S Feel free to try fury, you don't need to white hit cap. You *can* use hit all the way up to 27%, but mostly you reforge it something better like crit or mastery or expertise.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby bldavis » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:25 pm

hmm
ok all i need now is a 346+ weapon.... lets see if i can pry one out of my guildies hands :twisted: .... :shock:
i mean ...
I WOULD NEVER DO THAT!
(oops! :oops: )

i would try SMF, but the only 1hd weps i have are tanking weapons with dodge/parry
i might as well just stay arms until i get another 2hd

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Shoju » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:24 pm

you could.... craft them.... but that is just silly talk really.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:57 pm

Shoju wrote:you could.... craft them.... but that is just silly talk really.

well i could, but my BS paladin is still on drenden

i did get another 333 weapon, so im trying out SMF
im debating if i should switch back to arms until i get a 2hd and go TG
or i could use my tanking weapon.....that way i would have 2 346 weapons
choices choices

bldavis

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:18 pm

bldavis wrote:
Shoju wrote:you could.... craft them.... but that is just silly talk really.

well i could, but my BS paladin is still on drenden

i did get another 333 weapon, so im trying out SMF
im debating if i should switch back to arms until i get a 2hd and go TG
or i could use my tanking weapon.....that way i would have 2 346 weapons
choices choices

These "tanking" weapons... are they avoidance/avoidance, threat/avoidance, mastery/avoidance? If it's either of the last two... just reforge and have fun until you're able to get a "dps" weapon.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:17 am

threat/mastery reforged hit to dodge, enchanted with mending
the other is hit/exp with weapon chain

bldavis

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:38 am

bldavis wrote:threat/mastery reforged hit to dodge, enchanted with mending

So other than the enchants/current reforges... what makes this exclusively a "tanking" weapon?
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:46 am

Skye1013 wrote:
bldavis wrote:threat/mastery reforged hit to dodge, enchanted with mending

So other than the enchants/current reforges... what makes this exclusively a "tanking" weapon?

the fact that its teh one i use for my tanking set :?

i only have 2 346 weapons, so i use teh one with mastery as my tanking weapon

bldavis

Postby Kelaan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:46 am

bldavis wrote:threat/mastery reforged hit to dodge, enchanted with mending...

Is Mending actually worth anything for DKs? I get more out of SoI so I decided that 1% of my total healing was lackluster.
Kelaan

Postby bldavis » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:04 am

Kelaan wrote:

Is Mending actually worth anything for DKs? I get more out of SoI so I decided that 1% of my total healing was lackluster.

for dks?
i would expect that the rune is better, esp since DS is a big part of the rotation for blood

the weapon i was talking about is my warriors tanking weapon

bldavis

Postby Hokahey » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:37 am

Kelaan wrote:

Please, if you want a self heal enchant on your DK's weapon, get the Rune of the Fallen Crusader on there (unless they removed the heal on proc, but I don't think they did). If you're tanking, you're supposed to take Stoneskin Gargoyle. Your self-healing while tanking comes largely from Death Strike, Blood Worms, and Rune Tap, unless I'm mistaken.

There is no good reason for a DK to be using Mending on a weapon that I'm aware of.
Hokahey

Postby Gerunna » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:04 am

Hokahey wrote:Please, if you want a self heal enchant on your DK's weapon, get the Rune of the Fallen Crusader on there (unless they removed the heal on proc, but I don't think they did). If you're tanking, you're supposed to take Stoneskin Gargoyle. Your self-healing while tanking comes largely from Death Strike, Blood Worms, and Rune Tap, unless I'm mistaken.

There is no good reason for a DK to be using Mending on a weapon that I'm aware of.

Actually you'll more commonly see DK tanks using Swordshattering instead of Stoneskin Gargoyle these days unless they're pushing hard mode progression and really need the stamina. You are right about the main sources of self healing, though don't forget the longer cooldown heals Death Pact and Lichborne + self-targeted Death Coils. Since disc priests are fond of counting shield absorbs as healing done, the same could even be considered the case for Blood Shield.
ImageImage
Gerunna

Postby Hokahey » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:32 am

Gerunna wrote:
Hokahey wrote:Please, if you want a self heal enchant on your DK's weapon, get the Rune of the Fallen Crusader on there (unless they removed the heal on proc, but I don't think they did). If you're tanking, you're supposed to take Stoneskin Gargoyle. Your self-healing while tanking comes largely from Death Strike, Blood Worms, and Rune Tap, unless I'm mistaken.

Actually you'll more commonly see DK tanks using Swordshattering instead of Stoneskin Gargoyle these days unless they're pushing hard mode progression and really need the stamina. You are right about the main sources of self healing, though don't forget the longer cooldown heals Death Pact and Lichborne + self-targeted Death Coils. Since disc priests are fond of counting shield absorbs as healing done, the same could even be considered the case for Blood Shield.

I haven't been keeping current on theorycraft with DK tanks. Thanks for the insight. Even then, I'm a hair surprised that 4% Parry would win over 4% Stamina and 2% Armor, although I can certainly see the value of extra Avoidance not subject to DR in the current environment vs. Wrath. Slightly steadier loss of HP (in theory) vs. slightly less overall melee damage taken (in theory). Either will be head and shoulders above Mending.

I guess a smart DK would keep 2 tanking weapons, 1 with each Rune.
Hokahey

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:34 am

There was a blue Q&A on MMO that stated they were looking into new runes (to include tanking ones). For now though, I'd personally use SS.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes